Central Gauteng Mental Health Society
Central Gauteng Mental Health Society (CGMHS) is a nonprofit organization that was established in 1919 to provide comprehensive mental health services in the Central Gauteng area. The Society provides services for persons affected by mental disabilities around Johannesburg, Ekurhuleni and Westrand areas.
Central Gauteng Mental Health Society seeks to appoint a qualified Accounting Officer to be based at our Head Office in Johannesburg.
- General accounting tasks, including reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and general ledger operations, preparing journal entries, preparing monthly closing and financial reports, preparing account/bank reconciliations;
- Perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks.
- Oversee the validation of transactions and verification of their overall impact on the general accounts.
- Lay down and validate the accounting systems and tools.
- Review financial paperwork and procedures, provide recommendations and make necessary changes.
- Ensure all expenses are within assigned project budget and verify the completeness of all required supporting documentation for all payments vouchers.
- Prepare payments, bank transfers and do the bank transactions.
- Produce periodic financial reports and other financial documents for the Board of management of the organization in accordance with the prevailing policies and procedures.
- Prepare financial reports for donors.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports to the General Manager as per prescribed deadlines.
- Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely.
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
- Assist in designing, implementing, and maintaining audit-compliant internal financial controls.
- Prepare and coordinate financial audit;
- Ensure timely and effective follow up to audit observations and recommendations.
- Update the General Manager on financial status of the organization;
- Ensure proper and complete documentation and filing for easy retrieval of all accounting related documents.
- Protect the organization’s assets through maintenance of asset register, internal control and audit procedures; and
- Prepare staff payroll administrations, including fringe benefit computations.
- Presentation of financial reports to the Board and subcommittees.
- Compile and present other ad hoc report.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance with minimum of 4 years relevant work experience
- Work experience from reputable audit firms, international organizations or donor organizations
- Knowledge on payroll system will serve as an advantage.
- Must be able to drive and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Flexible, creative, responsive, able to take initiative and open to learning.
- Able to work within systems and procedures and work effectively in a large team environment.
- Able to analyze and integrate potentially conflicting numerical, verbal and other data from a number of sources.
- Able to work independently and multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Strong Acumen for numbers
- Appreciation and heart for the work of the Central Gauteng Mental Health Society.
To apply, send an application letter, CV and certified ID copy and relevant qualifications to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Central Gauteng Mental Health Society, refer to www.witsmhs.co.za
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities