Anchor Executive Recruitment
This established Non-Profit organization, working within the Environmental Justice and Sustainability arena, is looking to appoint an Operations Manager, who will support the Executive Director in the organisation’s mission to support climate change, impact mitigation and overall environmental sustainability. You will be part of the Management team, and will focus on the efficiency of the organisation’s operations and the effective use of all resources including Human Resources resources. Very strong preference for this person to speak Isi-Xhosa, English and Afrikaans.
This role will not be a full-time position mornings only or flexi-days in the week and can partly work from home. Ideally, you will bring a strong level of Operational Management skills and efficiency levels to maintain the successful output of this role.
The Key areas of Responsibility:
- Develop policies and implement systems and procedures for efficient operations.
- Build the organizational and staffing capacity to reach the target audience and meet the standards and objectives.
- Help to identify appropriate funders, write and submit formal funding proposals.
- Build and retain funder relationships, working with the Financial manager, through timeous and accurate reports,
- Develop and implement system for Monitoring and Evaluation of the organisation’s objectives and outcomes.
HUMAN RESOURCES AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Responsibility for building team culture in the organization, and help Executive Director with planning of human resources
- Lead the recruitment process and placement of staff, as well as managing performance of the teams, team building events and capacity building activities.
- Ensure all HR Administration is handled and managed in a confidential manner.
- Ensure all travel for staff, donors, and other partners is handled in line with organizational policies.
GOVERNANCE, OFFICE AND RISK MANAGEMENT
- This role will ensure all aspects of Governance, including Board and Annual General Meetings, will be carried out.
- Ensure Compliance with all State and Constitutional regulations (COVID, POPIA, Audit, Companies Act, etc).
- Responsible for office equipment purchase and management, ensuring the smooth running of the office computer systems, and identifying, managing and mitigating all risk factors for the organisation.
- Oversee all logistical requirements for the office, in conjunction with the Office Administrator.
- This position holds responsibility for drafting and reviewing contracts with partners, service providers, grant agreements, leases. Insurance agreements and Memoranda of Understanding in line with company requirements and policies.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree (in Management, Finance, Business) and at least 10 years of relevant management experience in a similar Operations Management role preferably within the non-Profit sector, and if possible, with an understanding of the International Environmental arena.
- Sound knowledge of HR legislation, performance and recruitment processes
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills with strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent ability to build positive relationships with key stakeholders, and good motivational ability to build teams internally.
- Strong experience in all Governance and Statutory requirements
- Advanced Excel skills as well as strong skills in Microsoft packages
Pat Stewart of Anchor Executive Recruitment has been retained to source candidates for this crucial position in this organisation.
If your skills, experience and qualifications meet the above requirements in the NPO field, please send your CV, and current or most recent Salary to firstname.lastname@example.org