CHILD WELFARE DURBAN AND DISTRICT
Child Welfare Durban and District is an established Non-Governmental Organisation dedicated to caring for children and families.
Child Welfare Durban and District seeks to appoint a suitably qualified Social Worker for FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT.
Salary offered: R12 374.25
To be considered the applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social work.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in the child protection field.
- Commitment to transformation.
- Knowledge of Child Protection Services.
- Knowledge of Child Protection Legislation (Children’s Act)
- Unendorsed Driver’s license
- Registration with SACSSP
- No Criminal Record
- Good Computer Skills
The applicant will be expected to meet but not restricted to the following requirements:
- Interview clients individually, in families, or in groups, assessing their situations, capabilities, and problems, to determine what services are required to meet their needs
- Counsel parents with child rearing problems, interviewing the child and family to determine whether further action is required
- Develop and review service plans in consultation with clients and perform follow-ups assessing the quantity and quality of services provided.
- Assessing and planning intervention processes for children and young people in consultation with the colleagues, family and/or relevant Departments
- In consultation with Managers ensuring that interventions and programs for children and young people are planned, implemented, and reviewed in accordance with relevant legislation, regulation, policies, and codes of ethics/practice.
- Consistently maintains the rights and dignity of the individual child or young person.
- To assist in drawing up budget estimates for specific projects, programmes and/or services and ensure that all expenditure is correctly authorised by Manager and Senior Manager is appropriate
interested applicants are requested to apply in writing enclosing a detailed copy of their curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not heard from us after two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Child Welfare Durban and Districts, refer to cwdd.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies