Etafeni Day Care Centre Trust (also known as Etafeni) is a registered non-profit organization that is a multi-purpose facility that delivers a variety of educational and social welfare programs as well as outreach programs to underserved communities in Nyanga, Cape Town. The Centre offers services to families affected by HIV/AIDS and most specifically vulnerable children infected and affected by the AIDS epidemic. Etafeni has evolved to encompass a more holistic approach, serving the diverse need of the communities of Nyanga while maintaining a special focus on women and children. Today, it runs numerous successful programmes including Crèche & Preschool care, Afterschool care for orphaned and vulnerable children, a Women’s Wellness micro-enterprise programme, psycho-social and therapeutic support, Home and Community Based Care programme, Food Garden & Nutrition programme, Power Girls programme and a Fit For Life, Fit For Work programme.
Etafeni seeks to fill the following vacancy Human Resources Manager to be based in Cape Town.
Reporting to the Director, the Human Resources Manager will develop and implement Etafeni’s HR strategic objectives and initiatives in alignment with the overall business strategy.
- Recruitment, Selection and Induction of new employees
- Time, attendance and leave management
- Disciplinary Matters, Retrenchments and CCMA Company representation
- Performance Management of all employees
- Employee Contract Administration, Employment Confirmation and maintain personnel files
- Draw up and amend Job Descriptions
- Full Payroll Function, including UIF registration
- Review, update and compilation of comprehensive HR policies and procedures including the HR manual
- Ensure adherence to HR Policies and procedures
- Submission of Employment Equity Reports
- Compilation and Submission of Workplace Skills plan
- Staff Training
- Design and Implement an Employee Wellness Program
- Management of Volunteers and the HR Assistant
- External Stakeholder Engagement including submission of reports, i.e. DoH, DSD, the Union, consultants, etc.
- Prepare and Manage HR Audits
- A tertiary qualification in human resources management or business management and extensive knowledge of and experience within an HR environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in HR
- A demonstrated track record in implementing strategic business and HR objectives within an organization
- Payroll Experience
- Fluency in Xhosa and ability to speak English
- Experience in preparing and managing audits for HR department and implement audit recommendations
- Working knowledge of labour law, employment law, etc.
- Ability to engage with and win the respect of leaders to successfully influence them on key change initiatives
- Computer literacy is essential
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to confidentiality and professionalism
- Excellent report writing skills essential
- Highly organized and strong administration skill is essential
- Understanding of NGO sector an advantage
- Valid driver’s licence
- If you meet the above criteria email your CV, with a covering letter, to the Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
- Employment Equity is Applicable.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Etafeni reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
- Etafeni respects the privacy of its stakeholders and will treat all personal information provided in line with our recruitment policy and in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Etafeni, refer to https://www.etafeni.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.