OneSight is the independent nonprofit with the solutions, people and resources to eradicate the vision care crisis for good. We believe that when the world sees better, the world lives better—and that with clear vision, we can take on humanity’s greatest challenges.At OneSight we are unleashing the potential of 1.1 Billion people. Clear vision reveals to each of us what we are capable of doing and becoming. But the reality is, 1 in 7 people in the world lack access to vision care. And we know that this makes it a struggle for those who need glasses to meet even the most basic needs of living. Come work for OneSight and help the world see!
OneSight seeks to appoint a County Manager to be based in South Africa.
The Country Manager - South Africa is responsible for the planning and execution of programming, engagement, and fundraising programs within South Africa. Reporting to the Director of Programming - Africa, s/he will lead the development and implementation of the strategy to deliver on OneSight’s mission in South Africa. S/he will manage a team to deliver these plans and will build relationships with key stakeholders to enable the greatest impact.
PRINCIPLE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In partnership with the Director and Associate Director of Programming - Africa, develop a recommended strategy for South Africa, evaluating the role of sustainable and charitable programming and establishing clear priorities for the region.
- Identify key opportunities, barriers, and partners to realize this strategy and build plans that address these.
- Leverage strengths and facilitate synergies between the diverse programmatic approaches. (Sustainable and Charitable).
- Ensure successful execution of all charitable programming to meet all KPIs and objectives while establishing and enforcing OneSight’s organizational standards to deliver quality eye care.
- Track and upwardly communicate all project milestones and deliverables. Proactively identify and communicate needed changes or delays to expected deliverables.
- Reinforce a collaborative and team approach on projects/clinics and internal initiatives.
- Prepare reports in collaboration with the onsite clinic manager on program performance by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information; ensure timely reporting of vision center KPIs and analysis of results.
- Be an integral part of the Africa programming leadership team by providing leadership, collaboration and support as needed to achieve goals and objectives for South Africa.
- Work closely to build the relationship with EssilorLuxottica partners, understanding their key objectives and creating and sustaining a partnership which will strengthen engagement and mission support.
- Partner collaboratively with MOH/DOH and their representatives to maintain necessary relationships to deliver key metrics and build strong relationships to expand on the OneSight mission.
- Liaise and cultivate relationships with all relevant national and international NGOs, local and international authorities with the goal of facilitating coordination of eye-health programs.
- Develop relationships & collaborate with the global team by offering support, information, and guidance and mentoring team members.
- Lead initiatives and activities that result in obtaining funds and resources needed to sustain and improve OneSight’s programs.
- Work with the global development team and serve as the key operational lead to continue to support and grow current fundraising efforts, including in-store customer giving, Sales for Sight, employee giving (OneSight and EssilorLuxottica), while also seeking out new ideas to test in the future.
- Work closely with the global development team and the Associate Director of Programming – Africa to identify and seek funding from a range of corporate and institutional funders, including leading grant writing efforts.
- Leverage, grow and strengthen the partnership with EssilorLuxottica and Sunglass Hut South Africa.
- Lead the thinking and execution to strengthen and execute engagement programs in the country.
Human Resource Management:
- Develop annual objectives and KPIs for in country team members.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals and provide ongoing feedback for growth and development.
- Ensure the team in South Africa are of the correct number and skill set (human resource planning).
- Establish a culture that embraces diversity and maximizes the learnings from a diverse team.
- Develop annual budget for South Africa with the Finance Manager to support the successful delivery of annual plans.
- Manage funds within budget and work with Finance Manager on developing financial reports.
Requirement: degree in Public Health, International Development, Social Sciences, or related field.
- 15-30% travel required within South Africa (as deemed necessary for execution of duties).
- <10% travel on the continent of Africa and Internationally.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years’ experience in a health care environment or NGO is preferred
- Corporate philanthropic experience
- Fundraising experience preferred
- Uncorrected Refractive Error philanthropic experience preferred
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate a diverse audience
- Proficient in English language
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomacy skills
- High professional integrity
- Flexible, pro-active, and open-minded work style
- Strong computer skills and good working knowledge of MS office applications
Please apply on our website at www.OneSight.org/careers
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about OneSight, refer to https://onesight.org/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies