Oxfam South Africa
Oxfam South Africa’s purpose is to work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and injustice. We are an Affiliate member of Oxfam International, a global confederation of 20 Affiliates working together in more than 90 countries across all regions of the world for a just world without poverty.
|Division||Operations and Institutional Development|
|Reporting to||Executive Director|
|Staff Reporting to the Post||Human Resource Officer|
|Annual budget for the post||None, but with oversight of salary budget|
All our work is led by three core values:
Empowerment. Everyone, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
Accountability. We take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
Diversity and Inclusiveness. We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
OXFAM SOUTH AFRICA’S PURPOSE
Mobilising people’s power for justice and lived freedom.
[To work at multiple levels of society for lasting solutions, challenging the systems and structures of power which perpetuate poverty and inequality, and intervene in practical ways to end suffering where needed.]
The team’s primary function is to create and maintain strong and sustainable governance structures that result in credibility internally and externally. These structures are informed by strong policies and procedures and led by people who embody strong ethics and commitment to excellence.
This role will deliver HR advice, services and support to OZA staff and will include the following key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Implementing the OZA HR strategy and ensuring alignment between policy and practice
- Providing guidance and advice to all OZA staff on HR matters within the HR cycle
- Ensuring that all OZA staff follow signed- off, approved processes and that all people-related matters are resolved quickly and appropriately
- Implement HR processes and policies
- Coach and be aware of staff well-being and proactively manage all relevant change initiatives
- Provide monthly HR reports to OZA EXCO and report as required at OZA Board meetings
- Ensure that OZA is compliant within the framework of laws that govern work and workers in South Africa
- Build relationships with managers and senior leadership of OZA to effect understanding for implementation from OZA staff for HR strategy, policies and procedures
- Provide HR support to Oxfam staff hosted by OZA, and liaising with the appropriate affiliate HR as required sit on the People & Culture Sub Committee of the OZA board, and responsible for preparing reports and providing information as required by the Chair of the sub-committee
- Work with the Oxfam global HR Centers of Expertise to ensure OZA’s alignment with the correct expertise and support and contribute to the creation and implementation of Global HR initiatives
The role provides detailed advice and problem resolution on complex and sensitive policy interpretation and procedural issues across the following range of HR processes:
- Recruitment and Induction
- Performance Management
- Talent Management and People Planning Activities
- Change Management
- Learning and Development
- Employee Relations
- Pay and Reward / Compensation and Benefits
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven HR experience at operational level (gained in a medium/ large organisation either in the NGO, public or business sector).
- Analytical and problem solving kills- proficiency in thinking on one’s feet and arriving at solutions that benefit the organisation.
- Ability to work across teams and individuals in a collaborative manner and effective at all organisational levels
- Experience of working in HR with knowledge and experience of South African Employment Law.
- Strong business acumen, ensuring that HR policy or development activity addresses the business needs, providing consistent, business relevant advice to senior line managers and other HR staff.
- Good organisational planning skills and a proven ability to work with a large degree of independence, managing own workload and priorities and identifying opportunities to add value to the business.
- Strong change management and behavioural analysis skills
- Proven experience in building organisational culture
- Proactive with plenty of initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and an excellent communicator with a high level of written and verbal English.
- Time management- ability to multi task and prioritise- managing the various priorities in an effective and efficient way
- Effective across all organisational levels
- Good IT awareness, and experience particularly of Microsoft Office Suite- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Post graduate qualification, preferably in Human resources (essential) + Bachelor’s Degree/ diploma in Business Administration/ development studies (desirable)
- Experience in managing employee relations issues, preferably with experience of preparing a successful case for the CCMA
- Honest and trustworthy
- Well-developed cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Systematic and organised
- Ability to maintain confidentiality ability to work within a team and to be a positive influence
- Ability to work comfortably with people at all levels
- Matric with Maths and Accountancy
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management
|The job description is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time considering strategic developments following discussions with the post holder. The post holder will be expected to work to agreed objectives, which should facilitate achievement of key responsibilities in accordance with the performance of the review process.|
Send Applications to email@example.com