Oxfam South Africa
Duration: One year (September 2021 – August 2022)
Oxfam South Africa seeks the services of a digital campaign manager (individual) that can fulfill the following needs.
About Oxfam South Africa
Oxfam South Africa (OZA) is a social justice organisation working at the intersection of poverty and inequality. We are driven by the belief that South Africa has the potential to become a fair and just society and to stand for the same in the world. Established in 2014, OZA is the first autonomous member of Oxfam International (OI) in Africa. Our current programming focuses on South Africa, and we connect continentally and globally.
Oxfam Covid Pandemic Response
The Corona Virus Pandemic is indiscriminately disrupting lives across our world, leaving a trail of destruction in its path. South Africa declared a National Disaster and has been under various levels of lockdown to prevent the rapid spread of the disease. We at Oxfam South Africa, believe that in this fight against the Covid 19 pandemic, every household, community, place of worship, school, workplace and mode of transportation is as much a potential site of transmission as it is a site of prevention.
We are putting all our efforts on our humanitarian disaster response for Covid 19 and beyond and are in need the services of a digital campaigns manager to help us develop and execute digital campaigns across our five programmes which focus on Economic Justice, Women’s Rights and Gender Justice, Democracy and Governance, Saving Lives Building Resilience and Global Impact.
Main purpose of the job
The Digital Campaign Manager will serve as an internal digital campaigns’ expert for Oxfam South Africa and is responsible for collaborating with internal and external partners to deliver best digital campaign execution of our programme plans.
- Source, execute, optimize and evaluate all elements of the programme digital campaigns for Oxfam at a local, regional and global level.
- Execute and make real-time optimizations to digital campaigns based on constant measurement and feedback especially with digital plans.
- Work with other Campaigns, Communications and Fundraising team members at Oxfam South Africa and Oxfam International to ensure best practice sharing and consistent messaging across all our digital platforms.
- Provide bi- weekly key learnings reports and advise on methods to adjust plans based on audience response to digital campaign execution.
- Collaborate with local and global Communications and Fundraising teams to develop required content plans and content calendar for all digital media plans.
- Understand the digital space and look for new platforms to explore Oxfam digital campaigns
- Update all digital platforms daily (website and social media) with content as per digital campaign plan
Skills and competencies
This person needs to demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills, analytical capabilities, and the ability to be agile to optimize plans in real-time.
They must also:
- be flexible and willing to adapt as Covid 19 response campaigns change
- able to work in a pressured and highly deadline driven environment
- be passionate about all things digital
- Works collaboratively across teams and able to exert influence across areas when appropriate
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Very strong writing skills
- Ability to produce media content for TV, Radio and online.
- Skills and ability to discover absorb and prioritise complex information from many different sources.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner in diverse, inter-disciplinary teams across Oxfam International.
- Ability and skills to contribute actively to strategic planning process for digital campaigns
- Ability to build credibility and relationships with diverse contacts in order to reach a wide range of audiences
- Solid understanding of social media platforms and their advantages and disadvantages
- Solid understanding of other digital platforms including website content management tools like WordPress and others
- Minimum of a degree or diploma in Journalism,
- Graphic Design,
- Digital Marketing,
- Communications, and other relevant qualifications
- At least 5 years work experience in Journalism,
- Communications or Digital Marketing or Digital Campaign Management
- Graphic Design ability or knowledge of Canva and other design tools would be an added plus
- Fully computer literate, with internet literacy
Please quote reference when applying: Digital Campaign Manager