Beyond Zero (BZ)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Request for Proposal for Adverse Drug Reaction Monitoring Consultancy
|Title||Request for Proposal for ADR Monitoring Consultancy|
(Summary for website - 100 words max)
|Beyond Zero seeks the services of a company /consultant/s to review and monitor Adverse drug reaction processes at Beyond Zero
|Questions by email only email@example.com with the reference in the subject line. Questions may be submitted until 02 August 2021|
|Submission by email only firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Submission must include||
|Deadline for submission||17h00 on Thursday, 05 August 2021|
Since 2003, when Beyond Zero started acquiring extensive international donor grants, Adverse Drug Reaction monitoring (ADR) had been incorporated as one of its health strengthening and community service delivery activities. Adverse drug reaction (ADR) or adverse drug effect (ADE) are broad terms referring to unwanted, uncomfortable, or dangerous effects that a drug may cause. ADRs are one of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality globally.
WHO defines an ADR as any response to a drug that is noxious or unintended and that occurs at doses used in humans for prophylaxis, diagnosis or therapy of disease or for the modification of physiological function. Adverse drug reaction reporting helps healthcare systems to detect the unwanted effects of those drugs which are already on the market, especially rare ADRs that are usually not documented by the time a drug is marketed.
ADR reporting systems are essential to a comprehensive post marketing surveillance and spontaneous reporting is the most practical. However, globally and within the Beyond Zero programs, it is well known that ADRs are not adequately reported by healthcare professionals, especially in local Primary Health Care (PHC) facilities. Factors that account for the extremely low rate or non-reporting of ADRs including lack of awareness, inadequate knowledge of pharmacovigilance, lack of time and none availability of ADR reporting tools. It is estimated that only 6–10% of all ADRs are reported world-wide according to a 2017 “British Pharmacological systemic review journal”. Thus, underreporting has been a major obstacle to spontaneous reporting of ADRs, and poses a great challenge to pharmacovigilance activities as well as negatively impacting public health (Pedro Inacio, Afonso Cavaco et. al., 2017).
- Review Beyond Zero operational processes to identify areas of improvement in the context of pharmacovigilance
- Review pharmacovigilance processes for Beyond Zero across all programmatic areas
- Set and Implement the Community-Clinic Integrated Pharmacovigilance program in support of BZ programs.
- Set Community adverse drug reaction reporting
- Carry out training on Patient-Centred pharmacovigilance review
- Set up pharmacovigilance committee and training on pharmacovigilance clinical review and management
- Capacity building and mentorship for pharmacovigilance coordinators.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Collate adverse drug reaction (ADR) reports and trend analysis
- Review ADR management approaches
- Review if ADRs influence retention and adherence within the BZ program.
- Review if medication errors and inadequate monitoring are contributing to ADRS.
- Review specific areas such as PrEP, HRT etc for any specific risk drivers.
- Review interphase between the community and clinic for proper ADR reporting and case management
Project Duration: 8 Months
Geographic Focus Areas:
|Eastern Cape||Nelson Mandela and Nyandeni|
|Free State||Mangaung||Mangaung||Thabo Mofutsanyane|
|Mpumalanga||Gert Sibande||Gert Sibande|
|North West||Bojanala Platinum|
|Western Cape||Garden Route||
SUBMISSION OF BIDS
Interested companies should submit a bid by email only to include:
|1||Completed online form|
|2||Detailed quotation for the work including any value for money benefit offered as part of the bid|
|3||Proposal and Methodology|
|4||Curriculum Vitae of the lead person / consultant|
|5||Letter from a financial institution confirming banking details|
|6||Signed Code of Conduct for Suppliers of services related to Global Fund financing (sign each page)|
|7||Completed and Signed Declaration of Interest|
|8||2 examples of previous similar work|
|9||SARS Tax Clearance Certificate||
Applications must be submitted by email no later than 17h00 on Thursday 5th August 2021
IMPORTANT: No telephonic or email queries will be entertained by any BEYOND ZERO staff member.
Evaluation Criteria for Proposals
|Professionalism of bid and compliance with bid specification||10|
|Experience of the consultant (CV) and the team||20|
|Ability to deliver quality product at a reasonable cost||15|
|Technical Evaluation (Methodology)||40|