The Chabahiva Trust aims to be a compassionate and responsible social investor. Our focus is HIV and wellness. We have created a collaborative network of organisations that implement or support compassionate and holistic HIV prevention and care programmes. Our role within the network is to support, strengthen, and empower the services and organisational stability of its partners. We do this by sourcing the resources and capabilities of businesses, faith structures, donors, and donor organisational partnerships. We ensure outputs will result in effective, compassionate, and impact focused implementation of programmes.
The Chabahiva Trust seeks to appoint a Social Media Volunteer to be based in South Africa.
Their ideal volunteer should be tech savvy, innovative, curious, and creative. A vibrant and aspiring marketing student or graduate with access to a smart devise (a laptop / PC will be advantageous). Depending on the input and success of the volunteer, this role has potential to evolve into a contract opportunity.
Starting date: 01 September 2021
Aim of Social Media Volunteer:
- To expand CHABAHIVA Trust’s online presence,
- To explore and advise on alternate social media platforms,
- To assist in promoting the work of CHABAHIVA Trust through identified online platforms and,
- To be innovative in content creation and building an online following.
Key activities include:
1. Developing Social Media (SM) presence with a particular focus on:
a. Regular updates to different SM channels
b. Building / developing a SM following
c. Encouraging commenting on SM posts
d. Promoting organisation’s and network partners’ activities on SM
e. Creating and implementing SM objectives and targets with Sustainability Developer
2. Content creation by:
a. Creating captivating posts for Facebook and similar
b. Follow up on leads to create informative content
c. Regular enquiries with network partners to find more sharable stories
d. Updating SM monthly calendar
e. Building the Trust’s SM to epitomise compassionate and dignifying messaging
f. Following and updating on trending themes and activities
Expected opportunities for you:
The successful volunteer will get an opportunity to:
- Connect with, increase, and expand your NGO network
- Be a storyteller, showcase your creative skills and build your portfolio
- Experience working with a diverse remote team and partners (nationally)
- Interact and engage with diverse societal challenges
- Experience and develop your marketing, business, and social development skills in real-time
- Have your agreed expenses reimbursed
- Time requirement: 1hour per day (max of 20 hours per month)
- Tools: access to the internet and smart mobile device to receive calls, videos, and pictures via instant messaging. Access to a computer will be an advantage
- Experience with photo & video editing, and good writing skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, you are required to email us a 1–2-page motivational letter. In this letter you need to:
1. Explain why this opportunity interests you,
2. Show us what experience you have,
3. Tell us which of our projects interest you the most and what you might do to highlight them on a social media platform.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about The CHABAHIVA Trust, refer to www.chabahiva.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies