LifeLine Western Cape is an organisation of well trained and carefully selected counsellors who genuinely care for and provide support to callers and clients facing a crisis in their lives. The role of LifeLine Western Cape is to create a safe space for people to share what is happening in their lives.
Lifeline Western Cape seeks to appoint a Director to be based in Western Cape.
The purpose of the job is to oversee and develop Lifeline Western Cape in a professional and caring manner, demonstrating leadership and management of the organisation according to the strategic direction set by the Board. The Director will play an active role in Fundraising, Operations and Business management. This role is ideally suited to someone at the end of their corporate career who is looking to give back.
- Together with the governing Board, develop and execute the organisational strategy
- Setting of long and short term organisational goal
- Ongoing research and development
- Develop a fundraising strategy focused on organisational sustainability and growth
- Researching fundraising opportunities
- Writing fundraising proposals to a wide range of donors, including individuals, corporates, trusts and foundations both locally and internationally
- Actively participate and drive fundraising efforts to achieve annual budget
- Oversight of all department heads in the organisation, ensuring successful implementation of their projects in line with the strategic vision
- Ensure systems are managed effectively, for smooth running of the organisation; good governance and meticulous data management
- Involvement in effective implementation of marketing strategy
- Set and manage the operational budget in consultation with the Board and the consultant bookkeeper
- Oversight of daily operations within budget and together with the Admin Manager, monitor and manage monthly organisational accounts and monthly cash flow
- and regularly feed back to the Board in this regard
- Approve all expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board.
- Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed
- Ensure that the organization complies with all legislation covering taxation and withholding payments
HR / Staff Management:
- Manage and motivate heads of department, ensuring organisational goals are being met
- Liaise with HR consultant as and when required
Education and qualification:
Relevant post-graduate qualification in Social Work, Social Science or Business Studies Marketing, Strategy or Business Management, essential
Work experience and industry exposure
- Previous experience at CEO or MD level in a corporate or NGO, essential
- Proven track record of fundraising, essential
- Exposure to the non-profit sector, desirable
- Experience managing overall operational performance, desirable
Excellent Administration Skills:
- A proactive individual who uses their initiative to ensure there is always a high standard of service and performance;
- Astute leader, with strong business and financial acumen
- Strong attention to detail and a clear focus on good governance, ensuring that all regulatory requirements are met
- Coordinate multiple complex projects, including coordinating project teams, setting deadlines, and ensuring accountability.
- Highly organised and efficient individual who can multitask and work well under pressure.
- Target-oriented individual who understands the complexities of grant writing, fundraising
Strong Communication and Leadership skills:
- Strong leadership skills, able to direct and motivate teams
- Conflict management and change management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate telephonically in an efficient manner.
- A dynamic individual who is able to build a positive rapport with people of all ages and stages of life.
- Strong negotiation skills, able to represent the organisation in all external interactions with corporates, trusts and foundations
- Excellent command of the English Language
- Accountable, responsible and reliable with strong attention to detail.
- Financial Acumen with the ability to set, monitor and manage budgets effectively, reporting back on progress.
- High levels of self-awareness with a strong sense of alignment with the values and mission of LifeLine.
- Open, honest and reliable
- Strong general computer / technological literacy with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Trustworthy and reliable with the ability to manage confidential information in a discreet and sensitive manner.
- Emotional stability;
- A clean criminal and credit record as well as a Driver’s licence are essential, own car is desirable.
Email Loren Kolevsohn for an application form: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application, kindly consider your application to have been unsuccessful
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.