Thabo Mofutsanyana District (Bethlehem), Free State
PACT, an International NGO based in Pretoria, seeks to employ a candidate with expertise in Data Capturing and management for 2 month starting August 2021 to implement its USAID- funded Government Capacity Building Support Program (GCBS).
The Data Support Officer will be based in Bethlehem in Thabo Mofutsanyana district and will report to the Provincial MERL Advisor. They will be responsible for capturing data at the relevant Department of Social Development (DSD) service delivery points and non-profit organizations (NPOs) as per the GBCS Program work plan.
Minimum Key Responsibilities and duties:
- Provide capacity support for appropriate recording and utilization of data (evidence for decision making) at the site-level
- Ensure accurate daily data capturing and consolidation for designated service points and non-profit organizations (NPOs) using available data capturing system.
- Strengthen data management and M&E systems at NPO and service point level
- Ensure that all data are captured according to the standard operating procedures;
- Ensure that data is transmitted to the relevant manager within the set time frames;
- Participate in data quality management by performing systems verifications, data quality assurance and control measures;
- Complete monthly reporting templates and timely submission thereof;
- Support service points and NPOs to address emerging data management issues;
- Support the GCBS Programme Team, Health Facilities and NPOs to address emerging data management issues
Minimum Education and Expertise Requirements:
- A Post-matric qualification will be advantageous;
- Must have a minimum of two years’ working experience in data capturing, data management and or/ analysis;
- Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Power Point and MS Excel;
- Proficiency in written and verbal English communication;
- Good interpersonal skills, have the ability to take initiative and be a team player;
- Understanding of administrative procedures and functions;
- Must be a South African national with fluency in at least one local indigenous South African language
- A valid driver’s license is preferable and must be willing to travel
- Must be able to start immediately
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Data Support Officer - Bethlehem” to email@example.com
Closing Date: 5 Aug 2021
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only and if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks after closing date kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.