The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a non-governmental organisation that envisions societies that are peaceful, equal and free from violence. CSVR aims to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace at community, national and regional levels. We do this through collaboration with and learning from the lived and diverse experiences of communities affected by violence and conflict to inform innovative interventions, generate knowledge, shape public discourse, influence policy, hold states accountable and promote gender equality, social cohesion and active citizenship.
Based in Johannesburg or Cape Town, The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) seeks to appoint a
RESEARCH PROGRAMME MANAGER
The Research Programme Manager must have at least 10 years research experience, experience in a Civil Society Organisation research and advocacy will be an added advantage. The position will entail a full-time one year contract, renewable depending on funding.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Lead on research strategy development, and manage the development of plans, systems, processes and procedures for the efficient implementation of research.
- Manage research projects to ensure quality.
- Create synergy and collaboration between the Research Programme and the work of other programmes at national, continental and international level.
- Manage budgeting, fundraising and finances for the Research Programme.
- Use expertise in the field to profile the organisation’s work nationally, continentally and internationally
- Manage learning, monitoring and evaluation (LME) and the mainstreaming of gender within the Research Programme
- Partnership and stakeholder management
The Research Programme Manager must meet the following criteria:
- Content expertise relating to CSVR’s areas of work
- At least a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences/ Law/Development or equivalent
- At least 10 years’ research experience
- At least 3 years’ management of research projects
- Experience of fundraising and financial management of budgets over R2 million
- Experience in a Civil Society Organisation research and advocacy will be an added advantage
- Strategic capability & leadership
- Programme and project management experience
- People management and empowerment
Preference will be given to black EE candidates
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Monday 16th August 2021 to email@example.com