Isibani Development Partners
Position: Auxiliary Social Worker: Out-out-School Adolescent Girls and Young Woman (AGYW) program
Reports To: Centre Manager
Contract Duration: Fixed Term contract ending 31 March 2022
Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa. Our programs focus is on HIV, TB, Non-Communicable diseases and Capacity development for community-based organization and government departments. Isibani seeks to appoint the Auxiliary social Worker (AGYW and ABYM project) to be based in Empangeni - uMhlathuze Sub-District.
Job Overview: Under the supervision of the Centre Manager, the Auxiliary Social worker: will work under the guidance and supervision of a social worker (Centre Manager). They will assist in all operations of the fixed and satellite safe spaces as well as community outreach sites; and will supervise PGT’s in the delivery of AGYW’s and ABYM’s behavioural and structural interventions in Umhlathuze sub-District. The Auxiliary Social Worker will work closely with all the teams from AGYW and ABYM in-School and biomedical teams.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- To ensure that AGWY program beneficiaries with specific social needs are followed up and receive a comprehensive package of appropriate and quality AGYW services that are meets the needs of AGYW.
- Assist in mapping of safe spaces and community outreach points in the Sub-District.
- Work very closely with Centre Manager to ensure that safe spaces and satellite stations are adequately organised and equipped with all resources required for the delivery of quality AGYW services; and that Out- of -School AGYW in need are reached as appropriate.
- Provide supportive services in specialised fields or focus areas of social work with regards to specific needs of AGYW program beneficiaries.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Centre Manager and the Isibani senior management team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good self-management and operational skills.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Co-ordinate parental and group work programs.
- Rendering support, linkage to care, protection and development of vulnerable individuals, groups, families, and communities through the relevant departmental programs.
- Experience in community work.
- Ability to function well under pressure.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher Certificate in Social Auxiliary Worker.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work would be advantageous.
- Registered with the SA Council for Social Service Professions as Social Auxiliary or Social Worker.
- At least 1-3 years’ experience in HIV and AIDS programming, with a specific focus on AGYW and ABYM or adolescent and youth friendly services (AYFS).
- In-depth understanding of government social development, health, and basic educations systems; KZN Province-specific experience would be advantageous.
- Daily travel to the Out-of-School AGYW safe spaces and community outreach sites.
Suitable candidates to send applications at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject “Social Auxiliary Worker AGYW and ABYM
Closing date: 1st of August 2021
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be notified