Isibani Development Partners
POSITION FOR AGWY AND ABYM Project in uMhlathuze Sub-District, King Cetshwayo
Isibani Development Partners is a South African-registered NGO, launched in 2011 to become a leading local technical assistance provider, systems strengthening and grants manager for health and social service in Southern Africa. Our programs focus is on HIV, TB, Non-Communicable diseases and Capacity development for community-based organization and government departments.
We are seeking suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
POSITION: Safe Space Centre Manager (Ref No: SSCM 01)
Job Overview: The Sage Space Centre Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and management of all operations at the Safe Space as well as providing oversight for management of satellites safe spaces ensuring delivery of AGYW & ABYS behavioral and structural interventions.
Key Performance Areas Include:
- Oversee the planning and control of maintenance in the Safe Space buildings, vehicles and equipment.
- Develop, plan and maintain effective security controls to ensure the AGYW, staff and the property are safe
- Work with the Program Manager and Satellite Coordinator to engage stakeholders and manage relationships in ensuring that Satellite Spaces are secured and well managed.
- Plan, direct and implement all programs for the safe space and the satellite centers
- Provide management and oversight of all staff working at the Safe Spaces and Satellite and ensure that they all fulfil their roles and duties effectively.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports to the program manager and different stakeholders as required reflecting activities, accomplishments, emerging issues/challenges and opportunities at the Safe Spaces and Satellites
- Manage activities in the center, ensure that programs are offered according to program guidance
- Ensure effective communication to all users of the Safe Spaces and Satellites about terms and conditions as well as procedures for booking use of spaces
- Ensure effective stock management of all supplies needed to routinely manage activities, host events and beneficiaries at the center
- Receive and record referrals and ensure services are provided to AGYW who have been referred to the center
- Assess/ identify capacity needs of Safe Spaces staff and build their capacity through training, mentoring, coaching and supportive supervision as appropriate
- Provide support to the program manager in ensuring that all activities at the Safe Spaces and Satellites are well coordinated with the relevant stakeholders including the recreation activities, economic strengthening activities as well as provision of services within the centers.
- Actively participate in on-site data verification and routine data quality assessment (DQA) activities.
- Represent Isibani Development Partners in all relevant platforms as and when required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Preferably Social work or related field.
- At least 5-10 years’ experience in HIV and AIDS programming and implementation, with a specific focus on AGYW or adolescent and youth friendly services (AYFS);
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience
- In-depth understanding of government social Development, Health, and Basic Education systems;
- Be able to develop and present reports to senior management
- Knowledge and experience in project management
- Excellent business communication, writing and presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license
Suitable candidates to send CV application to: email@example.com
Subject line: Position you applying for and Ref number
Closing date: Sunday, 01 August 2021
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be notified