Workers' World Media Productions
Workers’ World Media Productions (WWMP) is a dynamic and growing non-profit and alternative media organization serving the needs of the labour movement, working class communities and NGOs
WWMP seeks to appoint a Deputy Director of Operations to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the job is to Oversee and Manage WWMP Projects and Operations to ensure successful implementation and meeting our objectives.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Ensure that Operations and Projects are aligned with the WWMP Mission and Vision.
- To provide direction and leadership to WWMP and project implementation & evaluation
- Translate the organisation’s mission into realistic goals and objectives
- Fundraising for projects and core activities
- Ensure that projects are managed and implemented effectively.
- Coordinate and monitor the hiring and performance of employees
- Prepare and monitor the organisation’s budget and finance reporting
- Ensure effective, efficient and economic utilisation of WWMP financial resources
- Ensure effective Human Resource Management
- Provide expert analysis on prevailing and emerging political and socio-economic issues.
- Liaise, meet and support project co-ordinators and the director where required.
- Produce donor reports in relation to specific projects.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Ideally experience in working in an NGO and/or trade union environment with a post graduate qualification within the Arts or Social Science field and/or Media/Communications, however other job-related education, experience or training might be substituted for all or part of the above.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES TO DO THE JOB
- Strategic Management and Decision-making Skills.
- Project Planning and Management.
- Fundraising skills
- Analytical skills and knowledge of Political Economy along with an understanding of working class and labour issues, TU’s, social movements and the political and social environment.
- Conflict Management.
- Good understanding and appreciation of the media.
- Coaching & Mentoring Skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent Communication (at least two SA languages), Presentation and Marketing.
Skills in mass media production, social media, popular education and organizing will be a valuable credit for the successful candidate.
Conditions of employment:
A salary package commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience, including a 13th cheque and generous leave provisions.
The job can be Johannesburg- or Cape Town-based and will require travelling from time to time.
Please apply to: The Administrator, WWMP email@example.com
Include your full CV with at least three references.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information on WWMP go to: www.wwmp.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies