Fundraising Team Leader
NUMBER OF SUBORDINATES
2 x Individual Fundraising Agents
OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION
A motivated person to build a team of passionate and dedicated fundraisers that will focus on the solicitation and retention of individual donors to Afrika Tikkun. A conversion of at least 5% of all individual donors approached for funding. The person will also be expected to raise the profile of the organization, advancing the spirit of philanthropic giving.
- To connect individuals and the public at large with the Mission of Afrika Tikkun and match specific projects of interest.
- To implement the individual fundraising strategy.
- To ensure quality production of all written and verbal communications and to seek new individual donors.
- Matching our long-term programme strategies with those individuals that show an interest in supporting Afrika Tikkun.
- Present cases for support and signing up individual donors to support Afrika Tikkun.
- Convert 2% of all approaches
- Ensure exceptional donor engagement and experience
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Donor Relations (Donor retention and engagement)
- Call Centre experience
- Grade 12—Senior Certificate or Relevant certificate
- A tertiary qualification preferably in Sales, Marketing, Public Relations or Communication degree / diploma
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team and handling budgets
- 3 - 5 years or more experience in call centre / telly sales environment in managing a team
- Understanding of the use of social media and digital media for marketing and fundraising.
- Excellent communication skills
- a proactive approach in seeking new individual donors
- An ability to retain existing relationships and seek new opportunities;
- Highly computer literate (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet savvy.
- Creative ability to communicate essential
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Information gathering (research)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate at all levels & handle stakeholder relationships (verbal, written, facilitation).
- Organisational skills, an ability to plan and follow procedures.
- Research skills and an ability to structure, organise & analyse information and processes in a logical & meaningful way (numeric/non-numeric).
- Networking and building relationships
- Use of social media and digital media for marketing and fundraising.
- Proposal and Report writing, accurate data capturing.
- Ability to take initiative and develop innovative resolutions to challenges.
- IT and internet competency
- MS Office and other packages also database management (CRM Sales Force, an advantage)
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Organisational skills, an ability to persuade others to contribute to joint goals.
- Competent, self-motivated, honest, integrity and highly creative.
- Assertive, diplomatic personality.
- Innovative thinker and problem solver.
- Must have the ability to clearly convey information and ideas both internally and externally.
- Attention to Detail - Ensuring that work is 100% accurate and completed with care.
- Self-starting rather than accepting passively;
- Taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Flexibility - Ability to adapt to changing circumstances where required. Must be able to adapt to changes within the organisation and be willing to work outside of set duties in order to move forward as a team
- Self-Motivated - Must have ability to prioritise workload and continue without instruction at times.
|Key Performance Area||Activities||Indicators|
|Retain Individual Existing Donors of Afrika Tikkun Secured by Self||· Phone calls, emails with existing donors with a view to retain interest
||· 75% of existing individual donors retained.
· Engagements with Donors
Increase Individual Donor Giving by at least 5%
|· Articulate and compelling appeal for support
· Script and train Individual Fundraisers in approach Follow through with donors until conversions is obtained and monies banked
· 5% increase in donor awarded amounts
|Target||· Meet Target agreed with Fundraising Team Leader||Financial Target achieved.|
||· To update the sales force system with all communications with donors and potential donors. This would also include the contact information, the current status and outcomes of the projects, the number of contacts made etc.
· Comply with the financial budget
· Liaise with various stakeholders i.e. regional programme managers
· Salesforce reports will be the basis of discussion with Manager
|· Update the sales force system daily and monitor updates through a salesforce reporting process.
· Monthly review sessions to the satisfaction of Manager
|04 March 2021||V1||Kelvin Glen||Initial draft presented to HR|
|11 April 2021||V2||Kelvin Glen||Further amendments following engagement with Human Resources|
Interested candidates please send through CV's to email@example.com