NUMBER OF SUBORDINATES
OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION
An independent Consultant who prospects and builds relationships culminating in the submission of proposals and grant applications all corporates, cause-related trusts, and foundations and conversion of at least 20% of donors approached for funding. The person will also be expected to raise the profile of the organization, advancing the spirit of philanthropic giving.
- To connect donors with the Mission of Afrika Tikkun and match specific projects of interest.
- To seek new partnerships.
- Matching our long-term programme strategies with those of existing and potential donors
- Present cases for support , proposals , grant applications and reports
- Prepare concept documents and solicitation strategies for winning new donors
- Convert 20% of proposals/applications submitted into funds for the organisation
- Able to work towards achieving a multi – million rand group annual target
- Ensure exceptional donor care through project monitoring (ROI) and impact assessment for reports
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Fundraising pipeline
- Donor Relations (Donor retention and engagement)
- Grade 12—Senior Certificate or Relevant certificate
- A tertiary qualification preferably in Sales, Marketing, Public Relations or Communication degree / diploma
- 3 – 5 years sales or fundraising experience
- Information gathering (research)
- Understanding of the use of social media and digital media for marketing and fundraising.
- Accurate data capturing.
- Excellent communication skills and a mind for information- gathering along with experience in international and local donor relations a proactive approach in seeking new partnerships through funding applications and grants;
- An ability to retain existing relationships and seek new opportunities;
- Knowledge and experience with major gifts from family trusts as well as high level global funding agencies.
- Highly computer literate (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet savvy.
- Creative ability to communicate essential
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Information gathering (research)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate at all levels & handle stakeholder relationships (verbal, written, facilitation).
- Organisational skills, an ability to plan and follow procedures.
- Networking and building relationships
- Use of social media and digital media for marketing and fundraising.
- Ability to take initiative and develop innovative resolutions to challenges.
- A valid driver’s license.
- IT and internet competency
- MS Office and other packages also database management (CRM Sales Force, an advantage)
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Organisational skills, an ability to persuade others to contribute to joint goals.
- Competent, self-motivated, honest, integrity and highly creative.
- Assertive, diplomatic personality.
- Innovative thinker and problem solver.
- Must have the ability to clearly convey information and ideas both internally and externally.
- Needs to be able to bridge communication gaps between departments with useful information from all departments collated and utilised.
- Attention to Detail - Ensuring that work is 100% accurate and completed with care.
- Must have an eye for detail and be creative to capture attention.
- Initiative - Making active attempts to influence events to achieve goals;
- self-starting rather than accepting passively;
- Taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Flexibility - Ability to adapt to changing circumstances where required. Must be able to adapt to changes within the organisation and be willing to work outside of set duties in order to move forward as a team
- Creativity - Ability to think outside of the norm and construct innovative solutions and processes to achieve the required objectives
- Self-Motivated - Must have ability to prioritise workload and continue without instruction at times.
|Key Performance Area||Activities||Indicators|
|Retain Existing Donors of Afrika Tikkun Secured by Self||· Phone calls, emails and meetings with existing donors with a view to retain interest
· Donor employee engagement
· To report back to the donors and measure return on investment
· Continue cultivating a relationship with the donor until the next application process is introduced.
· Managing and engaging donor site visits as and when required
|· 80% of existing donors retained. List of donors attached
· No of Employee Engagements with Donors
· Regular reports to the donors with regards to their funding and successes and challenges
· No of Reports sent to donors
· No of new applications put in with existing donors
· No of site visits held with exiting donors
Increase in Donor Giving by at least 20%
|· Articulate good proposals requesting existing donors to increase donations by 20%
· Follow through with donors until conversions is obtained and monies banked
· 20% increase in donor awarded amounts
|Donor Solicitation and Cultivation||· Take advantage of opportunities to recruit new donors for Afrika Tikkun
· Attend functions on behalf of the organisation with a view to identify donor prospects
· Fundraising target met
|Target||· Meet Target agreed with Corporate Fundraiser||Financial Target achieved.|
||· To update the sales force system with all communications with donors and potential donors. This would also include the contact information, the current status and outcomes of the projects, the number of contacts made etc.
· Comply with the financial budget
· Liaise with various stakeholders i.e. regional programme managers
· Salesforce reports will be the basis of discussion with Manager
|· Update the sales force system daily and monitor updates through a salesforce reporting process.
· Monthly review sessions to the satisfaction of Manager
|04 March 2021||V1||Kelvin Glen||Initial draft presented to HR|
|11 April 2021||V2||Kelvin Glen||Amendments following engagement with Human resources|
Interested candidates please send through CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org