JOB PROFILE – Field Officer
Lead Field Officer indirect: Project Manager
NUMBER OF SUBORDINATES
OVERALL PURPOSE OF POSITION
To represent Afrika Tikkun and assist the Strategic Partner in leading the Afrika Tikkun decentralised community development partner model. For the expansion of the Cradle to Career Project within the local community.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Assist Strategic Partner in organising various eco-system mapping and asset mapping workshops held within the community.
- Present Afrika Tikkun Cradle to Career model where necessary in workshops / meetings.
- Present the project concept and goals in certain workshops and to various stakeholders within the community.
- To attend and facilitate all workshops required for the project setup and hosted by the Strategic Partner and/or Afrika Tikkun
- Attend and/or help organise any additional workshops / meetings that the Lead Field Officer and Project Manager require assistance in/with.
- Work closely with the data capturer to assist in data collection from each relevant actor/stakeholder post each workshop.
- Verification of data collection
- Working closely with the Lead Field Officer from Afrika Tikkun.
- To communicate at all times, any changes in the environment that could affect the project as well as keep updates flowing to the Lead Field Officer.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- Living in the local community.
- Broad range of skills/knowledge in community and children and youth development.
- Be willing to look at, understand and adopt the Afrika Tikkun value chain within the community
- Experience in community development for minimum of 5 years
- Communicate in local community language
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written skills.
- Good basic technical skills including report writing.
- Good project scheduling & organizational skills and an ability to plan
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work under pressure, priorities workload and meet deadline
- Team player and honest
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and motivated to create sustainable change in their community
- Have influence and respect within the community
- Good communication skills
Interested candidates please send through CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org