SaveAct seeks services providers for the following two assignments
SaveAct, a savings and financial education promotion NGO seeks the services of a consultant for a socio-economic assessment with the objective of pursuing an in-depth analysis of the Gauteng regions/municipal boundaries to gain insight into the socio- economic context of each region. The outcome will feed into the planning and expansion of the Gauteng programme and identification of social capital points for the programme.
Due to budget constraints- the City of Johannesburg municipal wards will be the emphasis of this assignment.
- The Gauteng team conducted research prior to commencing the programme that gave insights into thinking and perspectives on savings and stokvel patterns and attitudes. The research gave great insights, however, did not further develop an implementation aspect in the form of a socio-economic assessment.
- Having this ‘towards implementation’ phase of the initial research ensures that there is clear foundational intelligence of the Wards/Districts and the communities in directing expansion of the programme.
- Qualitative process mainly desktop analysis of the ward including variables such as economic profile of area, identification of key stakeholders, LED activities, NGO/social networks in area, social risk of areas and other relevant variables as agreed upon.
- Key informant interviews to triangulate desktop information with councillors and or any other identified gate keepers/persons of interest.
- The field staff will assist in the stakeholder engagement and/or key informant interviews.
The outcome of the assignment will also entail the development of stakeholder, socio economic profiling templates for future use. The anticipated duration of the assignment is two months.
The deadline for submission is 5pm, 09th April 2021.
Proposal to include:
- Brief profile of the consultant indicating relevant experience.
- Fee proposal indicating:
- Consulting fees based on daily rate
- Any additional fess/costs required to complete the assignment. E.g. travel or communication costs.
- An estimated total cost for completion of the work.
- A high-level work plan taking into account the indicated timeline of two months for the completion of the assignment
Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org, and label it: Socio-economic Assessment.