Aquity Innovations NPC
Position: TB FOCAL NURSE - Eastern Cape – OR Tambo District
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
AQUITY seeks to appoint TB – Focal Nurse to be based in Eastern Cape – OR Tambo District.
Remuneration: Annual Total Cost to Company of R 590 940.00
The Focal Nurse will mainly activate all hospital-based TB QI activities. He/she will coordinate, deliver services, improve case notification and facilitate linkage to care at primary health care (PHC) facilities, and work in close collaboration with the hospital, medical, nursing service manager and facility QI focal person.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate TB activities in the hospital, in close collaboration with hospital management, TB Manager, HAST and Facility Managers;
- Implement hospital-based TB Quality Improvement (QI) activities, including establishing QI teams (where none exist) and facilitating QI meetings;
- Support data collection and data management activities by working closely with data capturers and data management teams;
- Promote high quality data collation and data management;
- Support in-hospital TB and HIV care and prevention activities, including screening, patient education, sputum collection and HIV testing;
- Provide mentorship and support for provision of appropriate treatment for latent TB infection (LTBI) Support linkage to care in hospital, in close collaboration with the TB Linkage Officer
- Support active TB case finding using appropriate messaging and IEC materials
- Promote and support implementation of effective infection prevention and control activities throughout the hospital
- Ensure profile and service data on TB patients are accurate and reported to M&E team in a timeous manner.
- Ensure staff adhere to standard operating procedures (SOP) with respect to personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Degree/Diploma or relevant Nursing qualification (Professional Nurse Grade 2 Level)
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse and proof thereof
- At least 2 years’ experience in nursing post registration in the TB section at a health facility level
- Knowledge of DoH TB and HTS guidelines & protocols.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to communicate in English and local languages
- Clear criminal record
- Sound leadership and people management skills and interpersonal relationship skills
- Prior TB case management experience
- Good time management and monitoring skills
- Good reporting and presentation skills
- A clear criminal record
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Apply go to https://aquityonline.co.za/system/recruitment before the 10th April 2021. On the application, please attached your CV, copy of ID and Qualifications. No emailed submissions will be accepted.