Anchor Executive Recruitment
ENERGY AND CLIMATE JUSTICE CO-ORDINATOR
PROMINENT FAITH BASED NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION
ANNUAL CONTRACT for 3 yrs
CAPE TOWN REF: PSA 694
This exciting opportunity in this well-established Environmental Faith-based Non-Profit organisation aims to Co-ordinate effective Climate and Energy Justice campaigns that assert the Nuclear build programme is inappropriate for South Africa’s energy future, especially in the context of Climate Change. Focal areas are in monitoring Government decision-making and policy in this arena, and to build an understanding of climate change and energy, specifically nuclear energy amongst faith-based communities and members of civil society, while at the same time actively supporting activism within these areas. You will advocate for the implementation of ethical and socio-economic and ecologically just transition and a sustainable future for all.
Your responsibilities and duties will be:
- To set up and co-ordinate all administrative and logistical tasks associated with energy and climate-related project activities.
- Monitoring Government policy both in climate and energy policies, with a focus on nuclear energy and translate this into accessible language and materials.
- Oversee coordination of research, campaigns and outreach, as well as attendance of relevant meetings / conferences / think tanks related to climate change and energy, in particular nuclear.
- Build awareness and capacity of faith communities and ‘champions’ on energy and climate justice as it relates to their faith and action.
- Build climate justice related networks and represent the organisation in local, regional and global fora on climate and energy issues.
- Co-ordinate faith community and affected communities’ learning and mobilizing events to support other strategic activities on the anti-nuclear campaign.
Essential Work Experience and Skills required:
- Strategic experience in running campaigns and organising relevant groups and media in relation to these campaigns.
- Project coordination and report writing.
- Solid Policy and Research experience on all forms of energy, especially nuclear, and climate change, and in-depth knowledge of climate and energy issues.
- Presenting complex policy information, data and reports to affected communities in formats relevant to their understanding
- Community engagement through relationship building.
- Working and networking with a wide range of stakeholders and interested parties
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving experience.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and be strategic in mindset.
- Always able to project the ethos and mission of the organisation to those who were in contact from any avenue.
- Ability to network with all levels of people, from local and national Government, Business Sector, to Church groups, and various on-line fora
- Have the ability to represent SAFCEI in all areas of contact, and to be able to put across all relevant presentations and other communications with conviction of the organization and the people who ascribe to this important message.
Pat Stewart of Anchor Executive Recruitment has been retained to source candidates for this crucial position in this organisation in the Energy and Climate change sector in Cape Town.
If your skills, experience and qualifications meet the above requirements in the NPO field, please send your CV, and current or most recent Salary to Pat Stewart on firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY RELEVANT CANDIDATES WITH THE CRITERIA OUTLINED ABOVE WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE DUE TO HIGH VOLUME RESPONSES