IRD SA NPC
Employment type: Fixed term contract
Reporting to: Country Director
Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg, Pretoria (Gauteng) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
The Program Associate will be a member of the Operations team based in Johannesburg office and will work with the Procurement and Administration Officer and Finance Officer at Head Office in Johannesburg on tasks related to the daily management of the office and will provide full support to the Country Director. The Program Associate will directly report to the Country Director.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Country Director, management team, project managers and other technical staff on IRD SA projects.
- Ensure adequate stock of stationery, refreshments and cleaning materials are disbursed for project teams.
- Ensure that administrative documents are reviewed and approved by appropriate staff.
- Screen all calls for the Country Director. This will include the initial screening of calls, the accurate taking and passing on of messages and the correct redirection of calls where another member of staff may be able to assist the caller.
- Coordinate project meetings, which may include internal and external participation. Schedule with all participants, prepare and distribute meeting materials, take meeting minutes, coordinate follow-up activities, etc.
- Book internal venues and make catering arrangements; if necessary, ensure that relevant materials and equipment are available in the venue.
- Track all domestic and international travel of project staff.
- Provide reception and support, including answering the telephone.
- Maintain the office calendar so that all internal office events are recorded and meeting rooms booked.
- Provide clarifications and advice on IRD SA procurement procedures and practices; respond to queries about the status of delivery raised by initiators and about payment and other matters raised by the project teams;
- Perform a wide range of office support, for events and workshops contributing to the efficient and effective management of the administrative and procurement activities;
- Assist project staff with all professional administrative procedures including processing requests for visas, procedures, etc.
- Assist the project staff with all travelling procedures: mission orders, flight tickets, booking of hotels, processing of expenses claims, etc.;
- Manage filing and archiving of administrative and technical documents and update registers regularly
- Maintain a proper and systematic archive system
- Maintain a daily tracker for all documents received and sent to JHB office and follow up on feedback
- Maintain office Petty Cash
- Collect approved monthly timesheets for all project staff and submit to Human Resources.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Required Experience / Skills:
- 1 years of administrative experience in a research, public health, or medical environment. Or an equivalent combination of education and applicable experience.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise good problem solving and to make decisions within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration or its equivalent
- Ability, to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, to exercise good judgment and to effectively communicate with Management
Interested candidates are welcome to apply, please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit a brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Lee-Anne Ogle: Human Resources Dept. @ fax +27 (0) 865722820 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday, 16th April 2021
Salary range CTC: Market Related. Bio-data will also be taken into consideration.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly regard your application as unsuccessful
IRD SA is an equal opportunity employer