Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub
Scope of Work
The USAID Southern Africa Trade and Investment Hub (USAID TradeHub) engages with partners across the region to increase sustainable economic growth, global export competitiveness, and trade in targeted Southern African countries. It supports these objectives by (a) increasing exports from Southern African countries to South Africa, (b) increasing exports from targeted Southern African countries to the United States (under the African Growth and Opportunity Act [AGOA]), (c) boosting capital and technology flows from South Africa to other Southern African countries, and (d) providing targeted trade facilitation support to Zambia. The USAID TradeHub works with market actors to identify and resolve enterprise constraints and to implement sustainable solutions through market-based trade and investment facilitation services. The USAID TradeHub’s programming closely reflects the U.S. Government’s partnership with Southern African private enterprises, U.S. government agencies, Southern African Development Community (SADC) member states, local and regional trade associations, and other development partners. The USAID TradeHub partners with the USAID Bilateral Missions through the Regional Mission in the successful delivery of its objectives.
Objectives and Duties:
The Program Assistant will work with the technical teams on the management and implementation of work plan activities to achieve key results. S/he will be responsible for providing administrative, communications, event coordination, requisition, writing, and budgeting support to the USAID TradeHub’s South Africa cluster. S/he will also support the technical teams by supporting activity data collection, analysis, and entry using the Technical and Administrative Management Information System (TAMIS) and other platforms.
S/he will support information management and reporting as well as perform administrative tasks assigned by the Cluster lead and other senior project personnel.
- Support data entry of programmatic activities and reporting in TAMIS and other platforms.
- Draft reports, monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) database updates, collection of evidence for reporting, weekly highlights or other communication products for review by technical staff. Handle preparations, scheduling, logistics, drafting scopes of work, and other various requirements for domestic and international travel.
- Provide coordination support between the technical staff and the communications and monitoring and evaluation teams.
- Assist assigned managers and team members by maintaining calendars, receiving, and composing communications as correspondence, and replies to inquiries.
- Compile data from field reports for the monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Undertake technical literature reviews, compilation of country profiles, and sector summaries.
- Organize and attend technical meetings and take minutes of deliberations, including follow-up communications.
- Assist in conducting performance reflection, learning, and review meetings with technical leads.
- Maintain records of program and project data, lessons learned, and best practices and share with all concerned.
- Conduct research and provide support to technical staff in regard to project and programmatic efforts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in development, economics, business administration, or similar field;
- Two or more years of experience in development work;
- Experience with USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred ;
- Sound analytical skills;
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong writing abilities;
- Proficiency with various computer packages with at least Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required; and
- Fluent English is required.
The Program Assistant will have no supervisory responsibilities.
Base of Operations:
Pretoria, South Africa
The Program Assistant will report to the Portfolio Manager.
Closing date: April 23, 2021. Send applications to SATIH-Recruitment@dai.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.