Mfesane is a Christian development agency dedicated to empowering marginalised communities and driving sustainable social change for 35 years. It delivers integrated care, awareness and prevention programmes in response to the social impact of HIV with the assistance and support of partners. Mfesane's programmes include Home Based Care, HIV Counseling & Testing, Peer Education, Church Mobilisation and Orphans & Vulnerable children.
Mfesane NPC seeks to appoint a Child and Youth Care Coordinator to be based in Khayelitsha.
Employment Type: 6 months contract renewable on availability of funds.
- Must have Grade 12 Certificate
- Experience of working with Children and Youth interventions
- Verbal communication skills in isiXhosa and English is desirable
- Computer literate
- Training/Experience in the Child and Youth Care field
- Must be registered with the SACSSP
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the procurement and distribution of resources needed for programmes
- Coordinate the bi-annual 360 reviews of your Child and Youth Carers with the assistance of the Financial Administrator and Programme Manager
- Attended weekly coordinators meetings
- Communicate regularly with your team via monthly staff meetings and ensure that they are given reasonable notice of planned events, reviews, training and site visits
- Schedule and facilitate monthly 1 on 1 performance discussions with your Child and Youth Carers
- Facilitate and drive performance management in your team
- Ensure that all CYC’s have job descriptions
- Ensure that the CYC programme operates within the agreed budget
Interested candidates can submit their CV’s and a short letter of motivation by 14H00, 10 Apri 2021
Please note: MFESANE RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO APPOINT
For other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities.