For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfnet.org.
In South Africa, IYF partners to strengthen education and training systems including public TVET colleges and employer-led learnerships for unemployed youth so that they better equip young people to access and expand economic opportunity. We work with national government and TVET leaders to align courses with industry needs; we equip employers to deliver more impactful life skills training within their learnerships; and we create mutually beneficial partnerships between industry and education systems that improve young people’s lives while also delivering business benefits.
Based in Johannesburg, IYF seeks to fill the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Programme Officer will provide effective programme, monitoring, operational and administrative support to assigned youth skills development project(s) in South Africa, particularly those projects operated in close partnership with government and industry.
Key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Coordinating delivery of IYF technical assistance to project partners, including public TVET colleges and corporate clients
- Supporting delivery of project outcomes and deliverables, in accordance with approved work plans, grant agreements, and donor rules/regulations
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with project partners, including TVET college staff and national government stakeholders
- Developing strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of projects by identifying barriers in completing project activities and developing solutions to minimize or eliminate such barriers
- Following an agile approach to managing projects and demonstrate the ability to derive creative solutions and rapidly pivot implementation plans based on prevailing circumstances
- Leading the implementation of performance measurement plan, and continuously strengthen project monitoring procedures
- Ensuring all data is collected and entered into IYF’s online project monitoring system (either directly, or through assigned consultants). This includes following required processes to access data from IYF project partners, including public education providers
- Providing logistical and administrative support, as required to assigned projects
- Assisting in identification, selection and management of technical consultants and other project-related procurement
- Monitoring partners and consultants in their compliance with the terms and conditions of their agreements
The Programme Officer must meet the following criteria:
- An equivalent NQF Level 6 or higher Learning and Development related qualification
- Strong, project management skills with a demonstratable understanding of leading project management principles and methodologies
- At least 5 years working experience with at least 3 years combined experience working in Learning and Development Facilitation as well as Administration with a practical understanding of the learning cycle and student-centred learning pedagogy is essential
- Learning and Development Content/Curriculum Development would be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated experience engaging external stakeholders and writing donor and/or stakeholder reports
- Strong digital literacy, with the ability to rapidly learn and champion the use of new software and online programmes in the IYF South Africa office
- Strong Microsoft Office skills a must, including a working knowledge of Microsoft OneNoteTeams and SharePoint. Experience with online management information and enterprise resource planning systems would be an advantage.
- Experience working with online survey programmes would be an added bonus.
- Proven ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Strong demonstratable experience and ability to implement work tasks and projects independently, and potentially remotely, is essential. Experience in working collaboratively within a virtual team would be an advantage, with working in a multinational team an added bonus
- The successful applicant will exercise good judgement, be proactive and detail oriented without losing sight of the larger project, programme, country office and global perspectives and demonstrate a high degree of emotional maturity and intelligence
- Strong interpersonal & organizational skills
- Ability to travel nationally, and potentially regionally/internationally
- Demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility, with demonstrated self-management and self- motivation
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all project partners, donors, and colleagues
- Driver’s license and personal vehicle
- Candidate must be able to converse in at least two of the official languages in South Africa
- South African permanent resident
- Commitment to IYF’s overall mission
View the full job description and application instructions onthe Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday 16th April 2021 to email@example.com