TREATMENT ACTION CAMPAIGN
The Treatment Action Campaign (TAC) engages in monitoring, advocacy and campaigning within the health system to ensure that every person with HIV, TB co-infection and STI's has access to quality comprehensive prevention, treatment, care and support services to live a healthy life. TAC’s strategy focuses on health systems strengthening, access to quality and affordable medicines, monitoring HIV and TB response and local, national and international activism and advocacy.
TAC seeks to employ an energetic, pro-active individual with a passion for social justice to lead the organisation’s resource mobilisation team based at the TAC National Office in Johannesburg.
Employment Type: Full-time position
Report to: Executive Management of TAC.
The full package of this position is R600,000.00 total cost to company per annum.
Grant Management ·
- Identify potential donors, foundations, to secure funding for the organisation.
- Lead in the coordination and submission of high-quality funding proposals for programmes of TAC Lead in preparation, writing and submission of high-quality grant applications.
- Coordinate and manage the grant portfolio and lead on refining the implementation of a robust resource mobilisation system.
- Together with TAC-Executive Management, Resource Manager will be responsible for donor liaison and compliance.
- Lead the development, successful implementation and monitoring of the fundraising, donor diversification strategy of TAC to meet the fundraising targets envisaged by the organisation in close coordination with the resource mobilisation team.
- Accountable for fulfilling all obligations to funders such as reporting, organising regular update meetings, developing strong links between funders and the organisation.
- Advise programme teams, finance, working groups on relevant donor requirements/compliance, potential funding opportunities, changes in donor priorities and ensuring quality grant management for all related projects.
- Networking, updating, liaising with key in-country and international donors.
- In collaboration with resource mobilisation team, take responsibility in researching and identifying high-level individual donors.
- Work closely with resource mobilisation team to develop and nurture individual relationships to become regular donors, and ensure that all individuals feel part of the organisation.
- Collaborate with the resource mobilisation team to build the organisations profile amongst fundraising supporters and donors via social media, organisations website and identify other media opportunities to promote the organisation work.
- Develop crowdfunding strategies, and work with the resource mobilisation team to implement these effectively, including developing online resources, building momentum via social media and other outreach activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Preferably qualified to honours/degree level in a related development field or equivalent demonstrable knowledge through practical experience;
- Knowledge of donor engagement in an NGO setting
- Experience in fundraising and resource mobilisation at local and international levels.
- Experience and skills in program/project management.
- Strategic vision and demonstrated ability for planning and execution, including knowledge of various donor requirements,
- Ability to write grant proposals, concept notes and track record in winning proposals.
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary and team environment.
- Proven computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software including MS Word processing, Power point presentation, Access, Excel spreadsheets, e-mail and web-based research.
Skills Specific to the position: ·
- Ability to build strong relationships with external stakeholders, the organisation’s leaders, staff and comrades.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and balance priorities while working on a range of projects simultaneously.
- Experience of developing successful proposals to private donors, trusts, foundations, high net worth individuals and/or corporates.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Proactively organises and manages performance, showing accountability and responsibility for own decisions and demonstrating a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Promote team work and cooperation.
- To show a strong interest in the work of the TAC, the power and importance of grassroots activism (essential).
The Resource Manager will report to the Executive Management of TAC.
To apply, submit your motivational letter, detailed CV, qualifications, three (3) contactable references by email to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Treatment Action Campaign, refer to www.tac.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies