World University Service of Canada’s Field Support Services Project (WUSC FSSP)
CONSULTANT – END OF PROJECT EVALUATION
BUILDING INCLUSIVE GREEN MUNICIPALITIES PROJECT, SOUTH AFRICA
The World University Service of Canada’s Field Support Services Project (WUSC FSSP) is a project established to provide a range of services, including; technical, administrative, financial and logistical, in support of the implementation of Global Affairs Canada’s (GAC) development programming in South Africa, Kenya, and other countries of accreditation. WUSC FSSP is contracting the services of a suitable Consultant to support GAC in conducting an end of project evaluation for the Building Inclusive Green Municipalities (BIGM) Project. The project was established to help in strengthening the effectiveness of South African municipalities in Eastern Cape, focusing on those with high poverty rates and a strong commitment to governance reform, in order to stimulate local growth by promoting conducive a business environment, and implement asset management and climate change action measures to deliver better and more inclusive public services in South Africa. The end of project evaluation should determine the extent to which the overall goal and specific objectives of the BIGM project were achieved. At the minimum, the evaluation should assess project implementation (successes, failures, barriers and facilitating factors in the process) and the extent to which objectives have been achieved to date. The evaluation should provide recommendations for future programming of a similar nature.
English is the working language for this assignment.
WUSC FSSP is looking for a qualified candidate who satisfies the profile below;
- Must be a resident in and have permission to work legally in South Africa;
- Experience (must have completed at least ten similar evaluations) with evaluation mandates that are similar to the ones for this evaluation;
- Experience working in South Africa;
- Expertise in good governance, especially at the local government level in South Africa;
- At least a PhD or Master’s degree in social sciences, research, or related degree or equivalent experience;
- Experience in assessing gender equality and evaluation and preferably demonstrated experience in the gender rights sector in South Africa.
Interested candidates should email a motivation letter (not more than 2 pages) and a CV of a maximum of 4 pages by 9th April 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Consultant- BIGM End of Project Evaluation, showing clearly how their background is linked to each of the consultant profile items (a) to (f) listed above. In addition, interested candidates are required to;
- Provide details of their daily fee rate in Canadian Dollars and other relevant costs anticipated to be incurred while undertaking this assignment. Any assignment travel required of the Consultant and authorized by GAC South Africa will be paid from the project budget.
- Provide names and contact details of three referees; including at least one from a current or previous employer or Consultancy assignment.
Candidates whose documentation confirms they meet the application criteria above will be invited for an interview to assess their technical abilities and knowledge. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Use this link to access detailed Terms of Reference; https://cutt.ly/BIGM-End-of-Project-Evaluation