The Amy Foundation, formerly Amy Biehl Foundation, Cape Town, is a non-profit organisation that offers programmes which develop and empower youngsters, aged 5 – 35 years from challenged and vulnerable communities. Our after school programmes in Gugulethu and Bonteheuwel provide an environment that allows school-going children to overcome shortcomings in their education, by focusing on creativity. The Amy Foundation aims to make learning enjoyable while fostering the drive to academic success. Our Youth Skills Development Programme helps young adults prepare for the world of work, employment and entrepreneurship.
Amy Foundation seeks to employ a full time Fundraising and Donor Relations Officer at our head office in Sybrand Park, Cape Town.
Salary: R17,000 to R20,000 per month dependent on experience and qualifications
Reports to The Communications & Fundraising Manager
The purpose of this job is to Support the Communications Management team in cultivating fundraising opportunities and maintaining relationship with donors and funders.
Maintaining Amy’s donor database – Salesforce CRM specifically focusing on Corporate, business, government, Foundations and Trusts
- Research, write and submit written funding proposals of a high standard within agreed deadlines as well as final written reports at the conclusion of the funding period.
- Maintain existing relationships and secure new donors to meet the income targets set.
- Seek regular opportunities for self, executive, and Communications Management to engage with potential donors (corporates, businesses, benefactors, foundations and individuals –Oversee, maintain, monitor and assist in securing individual donor income against a set target
- Ensure the management of the process of pledges via debit orders including thank you’s, rejected debit orders and cancellations
- Track and measure the level of engagement through agreed upon timelines
- Regular communication as well as annual reports to funders & donors in order to cultivate and maintain relationships
- To achieve quarterly funding targets agreed to with the CFRM in the funding strategy
- Provide regular written and verbal communication with seniors as agreed
- If required, assist with the planning, running and effective organising of fundraising events such as gala dinners, receptions, parties, Golf day etc. within agreed requirements and timelines, if and when needed.
- Generate thank you letters and section 18A’s for monetary donations as well as donations in kind via email or post.
- Experience in a fundraising, communications, marketing or public relations role
- Experience in managing and executing across several communications media
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Marketing and/or public relations and event management qualifications at a tertiary institution such as college or technical institutions
- 3 years + experience in a Fundraising role or Communication Managers role Prefered
- 3 years + experience in a Fundraising role or Communication Managers role
An appropriate Bachelor’s degree with marketing and public relations:
- Proven track record of fundraising against set targets
- Confident communicator and presenter
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Must possess excellent organisational and planning skills
- Project management and time management skills
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Self- motivated and a self- starter with a positive and professional approach
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail to email@example.com. Subject line should be FUNDRAISING AND DONOR RELATIONS OFFICER, and a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae (CV) maximum 2 pages only, should be attached. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered. Please include salary expectations.
Due to the extremely high volume of CVs expected, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS in reference to these positions will be accepted.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about the Amy Foundation, refer to www.amybiehl.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies