Amandla Development is a nonprofit organisation that works to empower South African youth with equal access to quality education opportunities.Amandla facilitates a Collective Network in Philippi that fosters a community-driven approach to improving learner well-being and education outcomes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing project implementation in Philippi across two programmes. The ability to take a concept from development to implementation to evaluation is vital. Therefore, key skills include project development, mentoring, stakeholder management, and facilitation.
Amandla Development also facilitates and coordinates the collaboration of important community stakeholders including schools, government departments, NGOs, and community members to ensure the youth of the community are fully supported for their success in school.
- Report to the Programme Manager and supervise 3 project coordinators;
- Develop and support implementation of project management systems;
- Guide project coordinators through structured processes for achieving project outcomes;
- Guide stakeholders through logframe development
- Provide regular project overview/reports, including quantitative and qualitative monitoring;
- Help keep volunteers engaged and motivated
- Help to identify new strategic partners to work with and maintain current partner relationships;
- Able to meet deadlines consistently and to manage multiple, shifting deadlines, both your own and those of coordinators;
- Help to deliver quality programs and make sure that the number of beneficiaries in our programmes grows every year;
- Project financial oversight to ensure budgets are adhered to
- A minimum of 2 years project management experience gained within the NPO sector is a must
- Proven project planning and implementation skills;
- Understanding of logical frameworks;
- Experience in mentoring and motivating subordinates to achieve project outcomes
- Previous proven experience of mentoring and developing community members / stakeholder skills
- Must be fluent in English and isiXhosa;
- Facilitation experience a definite advantage;
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Basic knowledge of M&E systems an advantage
- Highly goals and outcomes-orientated, organised and detail-orientated
- Valid driver's license;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Gmail, Google Drive, Dropbox and WhatsApp;
- Strong interest in education and community development;
- Highly motivated and energetic;
- Comfortable working independently or without direct supervision;
- Strong problem-solving abilities;
To apply, submit a CV (maximum two pages) and a brief motivational letter as to how you meet the above requirements including your most recent salary and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Amandla PM” in the subject line. NB: Applications without ALL of these requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone queries, please.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
NB: Ensure that your cover letter explains your interest in Amandla's approach and outlines why you would be well suited to this position. Applications without this will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.