(1x Capricorn District, 1x Ehlanzeni District, 1x Gert Sibande District )
The Health Referral & Linkages Officers (HRLO) will play a pivotal role in ensuring functional bi-directional referral systems between communities, clinical services, and social service providers. Experience in facilitating partnerships with held facilities at community and expertise in referral systems is preferred.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide case management and tracking for all children identified as HIV+ in selected districts.
- Provide case management and tracking for all GCBS beneficiaries prioritising:
- CALHIV including access to ART and viral load tracking
- Access to PREP for 10% of GCBS Adolescents (15 – 17 years)
- HIV+ caregivers index testing of children
- Teenage mothers to access CPS
- Access to GBV and sexual reproductive health interventions
- Ensure functional bi-directional referral systems between DOH facilities, DSD service points and NPOs in selected districts.
- Provide direct support and feedback to ensure success of the referral systems and provide support to troubleshoot and problem-solve as needed.
- Participate in HIV testing and counseling providers and conduct community outreach.
- Conduct follow up of incomplete referrals telephonically or face to face from SSPs and Health facility.
- Co-facilitate formation of disclosure and adherence support groups in health care Centres.
- Provide monthly feedback on number referrals of HIV+ children to DSD staff, NPO staff, GCBS staff and health facility staff meeting.
- Work alongside and support data support offices to compile there monthly statistical report utilising the GCBS data collection tool with an emphasis on CALHIV case management.
- Report on referral systems and key PEPFAR performance indicators on a monthly basis to PPM or District Nurse/ Health Referral and Linkage Specialist.
- Participate in DOH district coordination meetings and forums.
- Actively participate in partner meetings at district and site (NPO) level that support the attainment of programme goals including those facilitated through DSD, DOH, district support partners (DSP), other PEPFAR funded OVC partners and any such local forums
- Promote and maintain teamwork and open communication for a motivated workforce across all project sites.
Education and Experience Required:
- Designated Social Auxiliary Worker (SAW), Child and Youth Care Worker (CYCW) or Community Based Worker.
- At least three years’ experience in a field position with an organization in public health or OVC programming; experience in developing and managing referral systems preferred.
- Experience with PEPFAR funded projects in South Africa.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed and without constant or close supervision.
- Driver’s license
Only applicants possessing the prescribed minimum qualifications and experience are invited to submit their electronic CVs and application letters with a subject line “Health Referral & Linkages Officers” and the relevant District” to SARECRUITMENT@pactworld.org
Pact reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates including credit rating. Please note that correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only and if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks after closing date kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.