Sanlam is established as a financial service company that operates across the African continent, India, Malaysia and selected developed markets, with listings on the Johannesburg, A2X and Namibian stock exchanges.. Sanlam is one of the largest internationalinsurance groups in the world with a presence in 43 countries and has the biggest non-banking financial services footprint on the African continent.
The Group's five business clusters (Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam EmergingMarkets, Sanlam Corporate, and Santam) house the Group's business operations. The Group Office provides strategic direction and support to the five clusters, assisting them in realising their strategies and meeting their business objectives. The Group Office is responsible for governance and for the Group's centralised functions, which include: Finance, Actuarial and Risk Management, Strategy, Human Resources, Market Development and Brand Services.
Based in Belville, Cape Town, Sanlam Foundation (part of Group Brand Services) seeks to appoint:
FOUNDATION PROGRAMME MANAGER: ESD AND CFE
Sanlam Enterprise Supplier Development (ESD) Programme seeks to transform, develop and grow Sanlam’s distribution network and supply chain through the creation and support of an environment fostering financial resilience and sustainability for high potential black-owned small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs).
In accordance with Sanlam Group core business, the Sanlam Foundation set up the Consumer Financial Education (CFE) Programme to promote basic knowledge and information on financial matters through facilitated training that focuses on money management, savings, debt and credit and insurance for targeted beneficiaries.
The successful person will be responsible for managing the above mentioned Programmes with the following key responsibilities:
- Manage the delivery of milestones and outputs of the designated Sanlam Foundation programmes and projects, within scope, time and budget
- Control and manage programme and project compliance requirements, and providing a quality assurance function
- Manage all assigned programme and project finances, including payments
- Manage and control programme and project risk register
- Manage programme and project governance processes
- Familiarity with applicable legislation and technical aspects of Sanlam Foundation projects
- Entrench and maintain existing relationships with service providers, partners and target markets/beneficiaries.
The Foundation Programme Manager: ESD and CFE must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- BComm degree or relevant post-graduate degree.
- Advanced Project Management qualification will be advantageous.
- 5 years of project/programme management.
- 3-5 years Sanlam experience will be advantageous
- Prior line management experience and prior NGO experience is beneficial.
- Advanced experience using online project management system
- Experience in programme/project management and reporting
- Managing all aspects of multiple projects of different sizes, simultaneously
- Managing multiple service providers simultaneously
- Worked on programmes/projects related to business development support
- Exposure to wider sustainability thinking and factors affecting programme/project sustainability
- Understanding of Financial Services Sector
- Direct professional experience with the measurement and evaluation of projects
- Working with cross-functional/multi-disciplinary programme/project teams
- Report writing
- Experience with digital Grant Making Processes and Systems
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday 16 April 2021 to email@example.com