The Global Fund for Jesus focuses on uplifting the disadvantaged through education, health, infrastructure development, poverty alleviation, food security and employment creation programmes.
The Global Fund For Jesus (GFFJ) programmes will be targeted towards areas where specific needs are identified, after which solutions for positive impact will be formulated. The organisation is in its mobilization phase, and is scheduled for an operational launch in 2021. The goal is for it to become the best and largest fund for social justice in the world. The GFFJ will enable the Global Business Roundtable (GBR) to do what Jesus would have done to address the challenges facing His people were He physically present today.
Based around the world, Global Fund for Jesus (GFFJ) seeks to appoint
BOARD OF ADVISORS (x6)
GFFJ seeks to appoint 6 senior and knowledgeable candidates with the necessary international experience and gravitas to offer strategic oversight over internationally active organisations. The GFFJ Board Advisors will be leaders with an international perspective and strong experience with managing organisations and implementing strategies that will be effective across different cultures and environments. They will also be highly experienced with strategies for mobilizing funds for social initiatives and be knowledgeable of different innovative techniques for encouraging those with resources to contribute to the improvement of society through different channels. A successful candidate must have rich Christian experience with the testimony of integrity and be passionate about the love of a Christian God. Candidates will be informed about the ethos of the GFFJ during the recruitment process and should personally resonate with them.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Visionary Leadership: Contribute to the vision and thought leadership of the field of philanthropy and communicate this vision.
- Partnership Management: Work collaboratively with other private and/or public funders and grantees for greater social impact.
- Education and Public Engagement: Help shape the agenda and decision-making of government and other external stakeholders.
- Issue-Area Visionary Leadership: Contribute to the vision and thought leadership in the GFFJ’ s focus area(s) and communicate this vision.
- Mission Stewardship: Work with Board, MANCO, and Staff to define the Fund’s mission, communicate it effectively within the Fund so that it serves as an inspiration and guide and execute it.
- Values and Ethical Standards Management: Ensure adoption of appropriate values and ethical standards in all Fund’s business.
- Board Relations: Ensure Board is properly constituted and trained to conduct effective governance.
- Identify Management: Ensure proper care and development of the Fund’s history, culture, reputation, and image.
- Advise the President & CEO/Visionary in setting the GFFJ’ s values and standards and ensure that its obligations to its stakeholders and the wider community are understood and fairly balanced at all times.
- Assisting in ensuring that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the GFFJ to meet its objectives.
- Attend meetings of the Board at a frequency to be agreed by the Board of Advisors.
- Engage positively and collaboratively in Board discussion of agenda items and act as an ambassador for the GFFJ in engagement with stakeholders including the local community and dealing with the media when appropriate in line with the Communication Policy.
- Commit to working to, and encouraging within the GFFJ, the highest standards of probity, integrity and governance and contribute to ensuring that the GFFJ’s governance arrangements conform with best practice and statutory requirements.
- The Board of Advisors must meet the following criteria:
- GFFJ is a Christian-Faith and Kingdom mandate organisation, therefore the incumbent must be aligned with this requirement. The incumbent must have high ethics and integrity. Highly self-driven, entrepreneurial, where one delivers results continuously.
- Should have many years’ experience in senior leadership roles. Preferably this role is suitable for retired executives and professionals who wish to give back to society. Please note this position is voluntary and is reserved for those wishing to give back and share their expertise in a helpful and Godly manner.
- The following qualifications with proven track record are preferred: Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management, Business, Strategy, Legal and other related fields. A post-graduate qualification in Business (MBA or equivalent) is an advantage.
This position is open to candidates of all nationalities, and multilingual candidates are also encouraged to apply.