St Bernard's Hospice
St Bernard’s Hospice Not for Profit Company, is a Public Benefit Organisation that was established in 1991 with the sole purpose of providing quality palliative care for people battling with life-threatening diseases such as Cancer, Motoneuron Disease, Parkinson’s, HIV & TB. We are proud to be serving the East London community for our 30th year. A vacancy exists for a Financial Manager to join our small team as soon as possible.
St Bernard’s Hospice seeks to appoint a Financial Manager to be based in South Africa.
They are to maintain financial systems that avoid fraud and critical events that put the organization at financial risk whilst ensuring the systems operate effectively based on organizational needs and that all financial related reporting is done accurately and timeously. They will be responsible for the monthly financial management of St Bernard's Hospice funds, bookkeeping, organising and controlling all financial transactions while support and reporting to, the CEO. (The Financial Manager does not oversee a Financial Team. He/She is “the team”)
Salary Range: R192 000 – R240 000. Depending on candidates qualifications and experience. Regret, no benefits.
- B.Comm in Financial Management or Accounting. Failing a formal qualification, we require at least
- 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Excellent proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Proficiency in Pastel, ideally including BIC report writer
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and accurately
- Strong written and spoken English
- Planning, organising and analytical skills
- Previous NGO management experience will be advantageous
Key performance Areas:
- Financial Management
- Compliance Management
- Reporting: Internal and External
- Asset and Capital Management
- Donor Research
Email Cover Letter, CV and copies of all relevant documents to email@example.com
Or hand deliver to 44 St Marks Road, East London, 5201 attention CEO. Applications that do not contain all the requested information, will not be considered.
If you have not heard from us by 30 April, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
St Bernard’s Hospice reserves the right not to fill this position.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about St Bernard’s Hospice, refer to stbernardshospice.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies