Penny Appeal is a humanitarian charity working to transform lives around the globe. We work with communities to bring about sustainable change, with the hope of empowering people to build stronger communities and provide much needed emergency aid when disasters strike.
Penny Appeal South Africa seeks to appoint a Finance and Support Services Officer to be based in Durban.
About the role:
The Finance and Support Services Officer has overall management responsibility for PASA’s Finance and Administration to maintain financial systems and controls to ensure efficiency, integrity, and transparency of the office operations in accordance with guidelines and ensures all legal requirements and reporting are in order.
- To maintain financial systems and controls to ensure the efficiency, integrity and transparency of the office and all operations.
- To ensure all accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in a systematic order and in a safe and secure condition under the custody of the organisation.
- To provide the executive team with complete, accurate and timely financial reports, including institutional donor financial reports where required for projects implemented in the required formats.
- To maintain accurate and effective financial reporting and records on all transactions incurred by the office as part of project implementation and other related costs.
- To provide quarterly and where required monthly financial reports to the PASA Finance and Programmes department in required templates.
- To ensure the effective and efficient working of budgetary, accounting, reporting and internal control systems for the field and office
- To liaise with external auditors, government departments and banks regularly to ensure the best service and portfolio for PASA.
- To ensure that all Asset Registers and systems are in place and create a policy.
- To ensure contracts, leases and other agreement are properly prepared and updated to meet organisational needs; including fair and reasonable commitments from service vendors; and to comply with legal obligations.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Qualified Accountant with Bookkeeping experience and management of the process
- Experience in preparing and leading audits, Project accounting experience, Budgeting and Budget monitoring
- Experience in Managing donor funding, reports and budgeting together with manager.
- High degree of computer literacy and proficiency in accounting software (SAGE: Pastel/Payroll)
- Proven high level of fluency in both spoken and written English and language skills is mandatory.
- Previous experience with NGO’s and development institutions.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present financial matters to non-financial manager.
- Experience and willingness to travel and / or to stay in remote locations and in difficult terrains when required.
Suitable candidates are required to submit a CV, with a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.