WDB Training Academy Trust
|Organisation||The WDB Training Academy Trust|
|Programme Name||Health and Education Services (HES)|
|Job Title||Community Health Worker|
|Reports To||TAT Trainer|
|Location||4XMzimkhulu, 2XuMsunduzi, 3XuMbumbulu and 4XHibiscus|
|Job available||1 April 2021|
|Salary||Cost to company R8 200.00|
To Facilitate the WDB Trust Community Health Programme.
This role will be responsible for Community mobilisation against diseases and ill health through:
Awareness campaigns, health promotional material, word of mouth and role modelling
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Scan the area of operation for all health related facilities and give a comprehensive report.
- Arrange for Community area meetings to introduce the WDB Health Programme to stakeholders.
- Recruit women in the designated area of operation and report on set targets per month for healthy lifestyle promotion
- Facilitate the TAT Community Health Programme as per the set modules and curriculum
- Implement, manage and monitor HES Programmes
- Submit reports to ensure that all documentation and files are maintained timeously and accurately
- Maintain a clean and safe environment that is free from medical/legal hazards.
- Adhere to all waste management principles.
- Maintain a safe working environment with the machinery and occupational safety Act
- Report potential and actual risks identified.
- Responsible for ensuring correct use, cleaning, repair and storage of equipment.
- Maintain a professional conduct and standards at all times in accordance with company policies and practices.
- Responsible for stakeholder management.
- Ensure effective project administration.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times to adhere to the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Experience in Community Development will be an advantage.
- Basic Computer skills for Microsoft office.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A positive towards work and colleagues
- Good communication skills
- Capable of recognising the need for action on time and taking responsibility for results
- Ability to consult and make decisions timeously as well as taking responsibility for activities.
- Capacity to plan, organise and control own work environment by setting appropriate priorities and achieving set objectives.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Willingness to learn
- Must be innovative and creative.
- Knowledge of the geographical operational areas (KZN).
- Knowledge of the local community culture, languages and people.
- The job entails traveling from time to time to attend workshops and further training.
To apply please send your CVs to: Tatadmin@wdb.co.za
Subject line: Community Health Worker
Closing date: 15 March 2021
If you do not receive a response within a month of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.