International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES SPECIALIST
The Geneva-based International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a humanitarian organization that provides protection and assistance to people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. Our institution employs more than 20,000 staff and is present in 80 countries. The ICRC Regional Delegation in Pretoria is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following vacancy:
ICT Specialist manages and organizes all ICT systems and services in all ICRC sites/countries covered by Pretoria Regional Delegation. S/he assists ICT Manager in designing and installing ICT infrastructure based on defined standards and recommendation from his technical hierarchy
Description of the role:
The incumbent performs the following activities within the department:
- Independently installs, maintains, repairs and monitors ICT equipment in line with ICRC standards.
- Ensures ICT inventory is updated regularly and maintains adequate stocks levels.
- Ensures that existing ICT infrastructure is functional and carries out regular maintenance.
- Ensures ICT inventory is updated regularly and maintains adequate stocks levels
- Ensures that global/country-level policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Briefs, advises and trains end-users on the ICRC's ICT systems.
- Maintains ICT stock and inventory, carries out regular physical checks.
- Drafts and updates technical documentation for all IT equipment.
- May be called upon to manage and train ICT teams
- Ensures optimal information management and sharing within the delegation in line with internal guidelines and in full respect of confidentiality principles
Profile – Minimum required qualification & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in IT, electronics, computer science or similar field
- 3–4 years' troubleshooting experience in an area of the ICT service catalogue (e.g. workplace services, telecommunications, IT, help desk, etc.).
- Good command (spoken and written) of English, any additional language of interest to the ICRC is an asset
- Good command (spoken and written) of English. Knowledge of Portuguese language is an asset
- 1 year of people-management experience a strong asset.
- Very good ICT knowledge
We are looking for someone who is an excellent networker, influencer and communicator, able to sell the program’s vision, responsible, organized, with a good sense of teamwork, initiative and respect for ICRC values. Should be able to work autonomously and with pro-activity and have superior analytical and negotiation skills.
Please submit your application: CV, cover letter, copies of diplomas / certificates by electronic mail with the mention in the subject “application to the position of ICT SPECIALIST to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only application with all required documentation will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The last date for receiving application is 18 March 2021. Start Date: as soon as possible.