Columba Leadership (columba.org.za) is an NGO that activates youth enterprise and employment by helping young people transcend their personal circumstances and offers meaningful social impact to all investors.
Position: Freelancer – Faculty (these are not permanent positions)
Based: Free State and Eastern Cape Provinces
The core purpose of the Leadership Academy Programme is to activate the inherent potential of young people in disadvantaged communities. The Leadership Academy aims to support young people to look beyond these circumstances and seize hold of their own capacity to make a positive difference in their own lives and in their schools and communities.
The role of Faculty is to lead a process of learning for educators and learners, the role requires facilitation of concepts and principles as per the Columba Programme elicitation model using both verbal and non-verbal techniques that are appropriate for the development of participants. The bulk of the work takes place in the context of a 6 Day Residential Academy.
Reports to: National Programmes Manager
Key Performance Areas:
- Communicate with Principals, Educators and Learners
- Stakeholder engagement with the Department of Education, Investors, Government Representatives
- Develop and deliver presentations and speeches at a senior level
- Facilitate Leadership Academy Programme
- Report Writing
- Data Capturing
- Prepare participants for Residential Academy
- Collect and prepare documentation for Residential Academy
- Plan, facilitate and transcribe exit interviews with learner particpants
- Participate in Residential Academy planning 2 weeks before each Residential Academy
- Implement Monitoring and Evaluation plan with support from Monitoring and Evaluation Team
- Contribute to provincial reports for investors – indentifying and sharing positive stories and taking photographs of activities
Minimum Education, Experience and Competencies:
- Must be in possession of a Bachelor of Psychology or a Social Sciences Degree, Youth or Community Development Degree
- Must have 3 to 5 years’ experience in Youth Development
- Driver’s licence essential
- Must be willing to travel extensively in South Africa
- Willing to be away from home for 2 weeks per month
- Experience working for an NGO or NPO will be an added advantage
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Excellent report writing skills essential
- Excellent data capturing skills essential
- Proficiency in written and verbal English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, have the ability to take initiative and be a team player
- Adaptability and ability to work in a fluid environment
- Planning skills
- Administratively strong
Interested parties should consider their current strength in view of the requirements of this position and their willingness to commit to the above. If interested CV applications, together with a letter of motivation, should be submitted to email@example.com Kindly indicate which Province you are applying for in the letter of motivation.
Note that an application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
Should you not be contacted within one month of the closing date, please consider the position filled.
Closing date: March 17, 2021