African Climate Foundation
The African Climate Foundation is the first African led climate change re-granting organisation on the continent. Founded in April 2020, The ACF was established to provide a mechanism through which philanthropies can contribute to Africa’s efforts to address climate change. As an African-led and African-based foundation, The ACF is committed to shifting the narrative on climate change and development on the African continent and to supporting home-based solutions to Africa’s climate change challenges.
Working closely with the Executive Director and Programmes lead, the Communications Manager will be responsible for raising the profile of The ACF and ensuring that its messaging is consistent, relevant and engaging.
Scope of work
- Develop a communications strategy
- Profile and position The ACF, its work and that of its partners
- Media and Social Media management across Africa
- Create informative and interesting press releases, press kits and newsletters
- Respond to Comms and PR queries
- Prepare detailed media reports, press releases, and other relevant materials
- Manage social media and graphic design service providers
- Develop a network of key media contacts across the continent.
- Liaise and coordinate with the media counterparts of key partners.
- Research key events, agendas, speakers, trends, etc.
- Prepare advocacy material
- Coordinate, project manage and execute webinars and learning events.
- Degree in communications, journalism or other relevant field
- At least five years’ experience in a similar role (ideally within the Non-Profit sector)
- Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent knowledge of communication practices and techniques
- Flexibility, being pro-active and excellent organisational and planning skills are essential.
The ACF is striving to build a diverse and inclusive organisation. Preference will be given to applications from African Black candidates.
Send your CV to and 1-page motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on The ACF, please visit www.africanclimatefoundation.org
Please accept your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from us by 1 April 2021.