SaveAct facilitates the formation of savings groups in communities as a simple but effective tool to fight poverty, as a foundation for building sustainable livelihoods, and as a means to empower women and other vulnerable groups. Founded in Pietermaritzburg in 2005, we have 98,000 individual members in five provinces in South Africa and work with a network of committed partner organisations.
SaveAct seeks to appoint a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning coordinator to be based in Pietermaritzburg.
- Preferably a master’s student with at least three years of experience in working with quantitative and qualitative indicators.
- Advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint, and very good with interpersonal relationships.
- The position requires interaction with 30 staff/ partners based in different offices.
- The candidate should be patient in working with staff who may be less digitally skilled, and be willing to teach and assist in the process.
- The work entails monitoring three to five projects at a time, with an average of 10 indicators each, implemented in five provinces.
- We value an understanding of and willingness to learn about livelihood security approaches, gender, enterprise, and participative learning and action tools.
- Candidates with good analytical and critical thinking skills will be prioritized.
- The candidate should be willing to travel and work in rural and urban areas, be a proactive and a fast learner, with ability to prioritise, and manage time.
- Zulu or Xhosa is an advantage.
- A driver’s license.
SaveAct reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please mail a brief motivation, your CV, and references, to email@example.com.
For more information please visit, http://saveact.org.za/
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies