Having been established in 2005, Gender DynamiX (GDX) is the first registered Africa-based public benefit organization to focus solely on trans and gender diverse communities. What started as a mere vision, slowly grew into a grassroots organization. GDX has since become an institutionalised non-profit organization (NPO) that is fundemental to the development of the trans and gender diverse movement(s) in South Africa and across southern Africa.
Gender Dynamix seeks to appoint a Health Advocacy Officer to be based in Cape Town.
Remuneration:R24,000.00 per month negotiable in accordance with experience.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Strategic Management, Law, Public Health, Social Sciences and/or any other relevant discipline.
- Experience and deep understanding of Human Rights and development sector work.
- Experience in working with trans, gender and body diverse persons and communities highly desirable.
- Understanding and experience working with public health policy.
- Understanding of gender affirming health care needs of trans diverse persons highly advantageous.
- Understanding and/or engagement with policy and legal advocacy and reform to grant access to more health rights for trans diverse persons.
- Knowledge of working with or using regional and international human rights mechanisms.
- Advanced management skills to plan, manage and coordinate projects, partners, people, and budgets.
- Report writing skills.
- Organization, writing, analytical and administrative skills.
- Confidence in using information and communication technology.
- Understanding of the national and regional trans movement and movement building initiatives.
- Ability to facilitate and train.
- Proficiency in using English as a medium of communication and learning; ability to communicate in multiple languages will be an added advantage.
- Lead design process for health-related advocacy projects.
- Networking on behalf of the organization with stakeholders to advance its health advocacy targets.
- Work closely with media on trans related concepts and issues while representing the organization at various media and political spaces.
- Engage with legislative and policy processes affecting and relating to trans persons’ health and wellbeing.
- Workshop facilitation and support as well as leading health care training for various stakeholders.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Gender Dynamix, refer to www.genderdynamix.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies