Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:
Monday, 8 March, 2021
|POSITION||Public Health Specialist|
|EMPLOYMENT TYPE||Contract – Event Based Linked to Funding|
|START DATE||As soon as reasonably possible|
|EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS||Relevant Post-Graduate Degree|
|EXPERIENCE||3 years’ relevant experience|
|SALARY RANGE||Market related R90,000 to R130,000 per month, CTC depending on experience and education|
Inherent requirements of the position:
- Knowledge and experience in Global and Public Health.
- Must have experience in implementing HIV programmes within South Africa.
- Experience in Key Population programmes advantageous.
- Experience in Mental Health programmes advantageous.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in working in public health with at least 5 years’ experience in programme implementation.
- An enquiring, fresh and creative mind with an interest in presenting complex data in a meaningful and readable form.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime (as per operational requirements).
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organizational skills for multi-tasking and the ability to adapt well in a changing environment.
- Attention to detail.
- A dedication to ensuring, to the best of your ability, that all beneficiaries of our Programmes receive the best service at all times.
- You will be required to travel extensively nationally as well as internationally occasionally, on behalf of the organization.
- Having a driver’s license valid in SA as well as a roadworthy car is a job requirement.
- You will be required to work reasonable overtime without further remuneration commensurate with a position of this seniority.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Extensive experience in dealing with the PEPFAR environment.
- It is critical that the candidate is able to work as part of a team.
- Understand that they are working for a private sector organisation social enterprise and as such, will not be a part of a larger public sector team and will be subject to the rules and policies of a private company.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage all programme partners, service providers and sub-contractors, providing technical and strategic oversight and measure performance against targets.
- Responsible for implementing all programme objectives for results against deliverables and targets.
- Provide strategic oversight and technical assistance across all programme areas.
- Ensure expenditure aligns to budget and monitor all expenses related to the programmes.
- Manage and maintain all key stakeholder relationships, across all levels including funders, DoH, partners and private sector customers.
- Conduct data analysis to inform programme operations and identify gaps in programme implementation.
- Design, conduct and report on evaluations of company programmes supporting health services.
- Provide technical support and capacity-building on data analysis and learning within company.
- Function as a member of the Technical Support Team and participate in multidisciplinary technical working groups.
- Access all CareWorks data, analyse reported outcomes, suggest data-related improvements and enhancements, write articles for journals, scientific, medical and other relevant publications.
- Develop opportunities for public private partnerships.
- Represent the company at department of health and funder meetings as well as other high level forums.
- Develop detailed knowledge of the organization’s business model and strategic plan.
- Develop detailed knowledge of the organization’s products and service delivery methodologies.
- Develop detailed knowledge of the funder rules, regulations and requirements in relation to any funded programmes.
- Analyse results achieved and prepare material that illustrates CareWorks capability so as to ensure that the organization is viewed as a leader in their field, recognized for the efficiencies that result from an organization that is data driven.
- Reach out to the Public Health System strategists, understand their requirements, promote CareWorks capabilities and procure endorsement for 3rd party funding proposals that allow CareWorks to provide funded solutions.
- Liaise/meet with clients where required to achieve the objectives contained in this Job Description.
- Ensure that CareWorks is recognised as a service provider of excellence throughout the donor health funding community.
- Publish or present company based data driven, papers/presentations in peer-review journals/relevant national, regional or international conferences each year and/or present poster presentations.
- Identify and implement changes in areas where existing processes can be improved or streamlined as part of a continuous improvement process.
- Any other reasonable company related requests made by senior management such as special projects.
- Submit your application for attention to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your application must contain ALL of the following:
- A cover letter motivating your application
- Your salary expectation
- Submit your up to date CV, including qualifications and certificates
- Application Deadline: Close of business, Monday 8 March 2021
Please take note of the following before submitting an application:
- Ensure that you meet the all of the requirements of the position (educational, inherent requirements as well as required experience)
- Unless otherwise stated CareWorks will not pay relocation costs for candidates who wish to take up a position in another town or province
- The filling of this position is subject to the finalization of a funding application
- CareWorks reserves the right not to fill this vacancy and to withdraw the advertisement for this position at any stage during the recruitment process
- We are committed to transformation. Meeting our employment equity goals will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions