Oasis Association is a registered non-profit organisation established in 1952 to provide schooling facilities for children with intellectual disability. The Association’s services have expanded considerably over the years and our mission is to enable people with intellectual disabilities to realise their full potential and become as independent and productive as possible within the community. Currently the organisation is providing holistic services for over 450 people with intellectual disability through Protective Workshops, Day Centres and Group homes.
Oasis Association seeks to appoint a Social Worker, based in Claremont, Cape Town.
- Results driven social work services to individuals and families that improves quality of life and promotes independence and empowerment. This includes casework, assessments/screenings , referrals, group work and community work
- Goal orientated group work with beneficiaries, residents of Oasis group homes, day centre parents, and Oasis staff
- Work with existing community initiatives to address issues within the disability sector, e.g. awareness programmes, etc.
- Maintain an effective administrative system
- Screening and placement of residents at group homes
- Available for crisis intervention at any time
- Compliance with all statutory requirements including annual service plans
- A relevant Social Work qualification
- Current registration with South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- A valid driver’s licence with own transport
- Knowledge and experience of the principles and practices of social work profession
- Ability to write reports
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Experience with Intellectual Disability will be advantages
- Ability to communicate in at least two South African languages will be advantages
To apply, submit a CV with at least two contactable references and motivational letter to hrAssistant@oasis.org.za Applications close on 15 March 2021.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Oasis Association, refer to www.oasis.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies