Global Environment and Technology Foundation
Global Environment and Technology Foundation (GETF) is a non-profit organization with over 30 years’ experience building and administering public-private partnerships for social impact at scale. Project Last Mile (PLM) is a public-private partnership administered by GETF, that leverages the supply chain and marketing expertise of The Coca-Cola Company and its network to improve medicine distribution and uptake of health services across Africa. In South Africa, PLM has worked with the National Department of Health and implementing partners to improve access to chronic medication for more than 3.5 million patients.
Global Environment and Technology Foundation seeks to appoint a Project Manager to be based in South Africa.
Project Last Mile is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and self-directed Project Manager to support our programs in South Africa, including two national scale behaviour change programs targeted at improving uptake of HIV services across South Africa. As Project Manager, your role will be to support the Program Leads with planning, management, and documentation of all aspects of the project. You will support the Project Leads to ensure the project is on schedule, proactively manage project governance and stakeholder alignment and ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner. The suitable candidate will be an independent consultant based in South Africa.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing project management support for PLM’s workstreams in South Africa to ensure deliverables are executed successfully and on time per the contract terms;
- Track and manage consolidated workplan across PLM South Africa’s strategic marketing portfolio, engaging with workstream leads and external stakeholders to update status, flag risks, and identify mitigation plans. This role will initially be focused on program management support for PLM’s strategic marketing portfolio in South Africa, with opportunities to expand activities based on program requirements;
- Manage the monitoring and evaluations plan for PLM’s strategic marketing portfolio in South Africa, including developing routine reports, managing external M&E partners, supporting development of M&E framework as new activities arise, and ensuring timely, effective reporting across activities;
- Coordinate complex governance structure across workstreams and external stakeholders, including supporting engagements with National Department of Health, civil society, donor partners, implementing partners, and others;
- Assisting in the preparation of reports, outreach materials and briefing documents for clients and support workstream leads in facilitating meetings as assigned (eg: ensuring objectives of meetings outlined); and
- Providing coordination and logistics support for other relevant activities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong project management experience (previous experience in complex project management, or a management consulting background preferred).
- Have solid life-cycle project management skills: strategic planning, partner coordination and implementation, budget tracking and reporting, proposal and budget development, staff oversight, etc.
- Have the ability to build consensus and mobilise resources across networks / stakeholders across sectors in a diplomatic, driven manner
- Be a highly motivated, self-directed individual, who functions well independently and within a team setting
- Be a rational thinker and decision maker, with the ability to link operational decisions into a strategic landscape
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment to facilitate and drive problem-solving
- Have excellent communication and report writing skills in English (verbal and written).
- Have strong budgeting, administrative and organisational skills with a keen attention to detail
- A formal qualification in either: International Development; Public Health and/or Business;
- Proven experience (~ 7+ years) and competence in managing projects, people and stakeholders, within the fields of Public Health, Supply Chain, or Marketing (Background in Management Consulting, FMCG and/or Public Health experience preferred)
- Previous exposure to or experience in the South African public health system is strongly preferred.
- Key Technical Competence: Project Management, Scope Management, Project Concept Formulation, Management / Business Consulting; Budgeting / Forecasting and Report Writing.
- Authorized to work in South Africa
To apply, please send a CV, writing sample and PowerPoint sample to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about GETF, refer to GETF – Sustainable development worldwide through action and collaboration
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies