Numeric is a small team of friendly people who are on a mission to help young South Africans excel in mathematics. More specifically, our goal is to create exciting and high impact learning environments in the form of after-school maths programs targeting learners in Grades 6 and 7. We currently operate in 45 partner schools in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg, with our Johannesburg programs located in Soweto.
Numeric seeks to appoint a Program Manager to be based in Johannesburg.
Numeric's program managers are dedicated to our cause, passionate about mathematics, and have strong organisational and people skills. Each Numeric program manager oversees programs at five partner schools, which equates to ten classrooms or approximately 250 learners. It is our responsibility to ensure that our coaches are adequately equipped, both materially and pedagogically, to deliver high impact maths education to these children and give them solid foundations upon entry into high school.
- Oversee and coordinate the management of the After-School Mathematics Program
- Coach mentorship and management
- Parent engagement
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Ad hoc events
- Team and organisational values
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Strong maths background (preference for higher grade maths through matric and/or university-level maths)
- Teaching or tutoring experience
- Involvement/leadership in outreach or extra-curricular projects
- English language fluency, both written and verbal
- Preference for competency in at least one additional South African language
- Strong analytical skills and technical proficiency with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strategically minded, able to think creatively about long-term program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with all team members and stakeholders
- Results-oriented and leadership skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize, and manage tasks, deadlines, requirements and decisions.
- Strong mathematics background
- Interest in mentoring and developing future teachers
- Own transport and valid driver’s license
Apply Now: Interested applicants should submit a CV and letter of motivation (maximum two pages) to email@example.com quoting “JHB Program Manager” in the subject line by latest Friday, 26 March 2021. Please ensure that your letter of motivation explains your interest in Numeric and outlines why you would be well suited to this position.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more information about Numeric, refer to www.numeric.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies