|Vacancy||2 x COVID-19 Coordinators (Contract till 30 June 2021)|
|Role description||NACOSA has been tasked with implementing a COVID 19 response plan across different national programmes. The plan aims to strengthen and support already existing Sub-Recipient programmes such as PWID, Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW), Thuthuzela Care Centers (TCC), Sex Workers (SW) with relevant COVID interventions, as well as coordinating 40 COVID response teams in three provinces.|
|Location||1 Coordinator Cape Town and 1 Coordinator Gauteng|
|Deadline||24h00 on 10 March 2021|
South Africa has the highest number of people living with HIV in the world – over 7 million people. To turn the tide on HIV and AIDS, we need to bring all sectors of society together and strengthen the community systems that support people.
NACOSA is a networking organisation that brings communities together to tackle HIV and its impact on vulnerable people. We have a 19-year track record of working with donors, government and communities to strengthen community systems and turn the tide on HIV, AIDS and TB.
We do this through mobilizing our network of over 2,000 organisations, promoting dialogue between government and affected people, building capacity with accredited training, mentoring and technical assistance and channeling resources to support service delivery on the ground, particularly for children and youth, key populations and women and girls.
The COVID-19 Coordinator Role
NACOSA has been tasked with implementing a COVID 19 response plan across different national programmes. The plan aims to strengthen and support already existing Sub-Recipient programmes such as PWID, Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW), Thuthuzela Care Centers (TCC), Sex Workers (SW) with relevant COVID interventions, as well as coordinating 40 COVID response teams in three provinces. National interventions include but is not limited to COVID screening, testing, contact tracing, providing appropriate PPE, capacity building as disseminating scientifically sound information to communities and being vaccine advocates.
The COVID Coordinator positions will support and deliver on NACOSA’s Global Fund COVID Response Mechanism (COVIDRM) programme in either Gauteng or Cape Town. This position reports to the COVID Project Manager.
NACOSA is looking for an experienced Programme/Project Coordinator to implement the overall logistics for several Gauteng and Cape Town Districts, including but not limited to;
- Driving COVID 19 response activities across grants to support program continuity
- Work with and supporting identified organisations, programmes and COVID teams
- Attend site meetings or conduct site visits (virtual or in person when needed) to review activities according to defined deliverables
- Collecting, verifying and collating data, and regular reporting to Head Office
- Resource management within the project, including the procurement of PPE and other resources, in accordance with project budget and in line with company policies
- Supporting finance team in verifying claims/requests and fleet management activities
- Engage with, and build collaborative relationships with relevant local and provincial government departments and civil society structures
- Network with and maintain regular communication with key stakeholders in complementary fields
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Social Sciences/Public Health or related field would be advantageous
- Experience in programme planning, implementation
- Sound understanding of the COVID-19 disease, with a working understanding of the impact of the diseases on the Public Healthcare Sector is highly advantageous
- Excellent communications and project management skills
- Must be analytically minded, and have excellent writing skills, including the ability to compile insightful and user-friendly reports
- Must be highly organised, deadline driven, adept at planning and problem-solving with a proactive and positive approach
- Able to work independently; unsupervised and as part of a team
- Ability to coordinate multiple inputs to tight deadlines, with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet)
- Driver’s license with the willingness to travel
Remuneration will be competitive, based on skills and experience.
Visit https://nacosa.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/ to register, load your CV and motivational letter.
CLOSING DATE: 10 March 2021
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks consider your application as unsuccessful. NACOSA reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
- NACOSA respects the privacy of its stakeholders and will treat all personal information provided in line with our recruitment policy and in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.
NETWORKING HIV & AIDS COMMUNITY OF SOUTHERN AFRICA - NACOSA
Head Office: 3rd Floor, East Tower | Century Boulevard | Century City | Cape Town
t. 021 552 0804 | f. 021 552 7742 | e. email@example.com
NPO 190-030 | PBO 930056308 | NPC 2015/448924/08
VAT Number: 484 024 0990 | Section 18A Tax Exempto
Accredited by the Health & Welfare SETA | Level 1 B-BBEE Entity