The Justice Desk
The Justice Desk is a Human Rights non-profit organisation operating in South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe. We were established in 2013, with the main goal of Promoting the Power of Everyday Activism.In order to do this, we empower ordinary people to understand and defend their Human Rights - so that they can transform society and create a more just and equal world! We also work alongside civil society, NGOs, businesses, and governments across the globe to challenge and eliminate the root causes of injustice.
The Justice Desk Project Coordinator to be based in head office is in Cape Town, South Africa.
The Mbokodo Club (The Rock Club) project focuses on contributing towards achieving the end of gender-based violence, by creating an incredible sisterhood of girls fighting for gender equality. The project focuses on girl survivors of rape and GBV from marginalized communities, and offers leadership and empowerment workshops; self-defense and fitness sessions; as well as mental health care and support. The motto of this project is “wathint’abafazi wathint’imbokodo” which translates to “you strike a woman; you strike a rock”.
The Justice Desk is incredibly passionate about giving opportunities to young people, who may not have a large amount of work or internship experience.
- In order to relate to the young girls in the project, you must be between the ages of 25 and 35.
- Must be able to speak isiXhosa/Afrikaans
- Must have a driver’s license
- Must have a minimum of an undergraduate degree in social work, social development, politics, English, sociology or an equivalent.
- Must have experience working with young women and girls.
- Must have previous volunteering experience.
- Must have high quality reading, writing and public speaking skills.
- Must be able to work under high pressure, adapt, and think out of the box.
- Must be a team player.
- Project planning and management.
- Educational curriculum development.
- Creating and presenting various talks and trainings.
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Recruiting, mentoring and managing core volunteers.
- And other general duties at The Justice Desk.
To apply: email your CV, a motivational letter, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about The Justice Desk, refer to https://www.justicedesk.org/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies