Amnesty International South Africa
Amnesty International South Africa (AISA) is a national human rights entity that is part of a global human rights movement, established to address national human rights priorities as well as create the possibility for people in South Africa to join Amnesty International’s global human rights campaigns. Our mission in South Africa is to address pertinent national human rights issues through research and campaigning, and to empower South Africans to take action on issues that matter to them through AI’s international human rights movement; and to leverage South Africa’s influence regionally and globally to promote human rights domestically, bilaterally and internationally.
AISA seeks to appoint a Marketing Intern to be based in South Africa.
The purpose of the The Membership & Growth programme is focused on developing and implementing strategies and activities that generate growth, whilst also inspiring commitment from current supporters, which feeds into AISA’s overall strategies to deliver impact in relation to agreed priorities and the overall theory of change.
To offer the intern with an opportunity to gain up to one year’s work experience with an international organisation. The intern will provide support with the delivery of the Membership & Growth strategy for Amnesty International South Africa (AISA) with a focus on retention and customer experience.
Reporting to: Activism Coordinator – Mobilising
Key Relationships: Executive Director, Finance & Human Resources Manager, Social Media Consultant, Activism Coordinator – Organising, Campaigner, Researcher
Participate in the development and execution of customer journeys:
- Creation of automated journeys
- Prepare reporting on email and SMS metrics
- Design of email/SMS templates that are optimised, user and mobile-friendly
Participate in the production and execution of all retention initiatives:
- Assist in copywriting and editing of content
- Assist in ensuring design and layouts of emails/SMSes are optimised, user and mobile-friendly
- Proofreading of emails/SMSes
- Compiling email and SMS lists
Tracking and analysis:
- Following up on emails/SMS
- Produce insights to ensure program continuously improves
- Help to monitor and maintain the health of the CRM system
Administration & Logistics:
- Assist with making travel arrangements, booking flights and accommodation
- Liaise with service providers
- Help with admin tasks such as arranging quotations and requisitions
- Assist with scheduling meetings, correspondence and note-taking
- Provide reception relief when required
- Carry out other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job
- Participate in all staff meetings, trainings and retreats as required
- Participate in the organisation in ways that initiate and foster a congenial, productive and supportive working environment
- Abide by all Amnesty International South Africa Policies, Regulations and Procedures
Skills and Exprience:
- A degree in digital marketing, media and communications, or arts
- Excellent written skills
- Passionate about Human Rights
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Detailed oriented and creative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong time management skills, ability to work to deadlines and to prioritise
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
To apply, submit a motivational letter and CV no later than 12 March to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not heard from us by 26 March please consider your application unsuccessful.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.