Nexia SAB&T seeks to appoint a dynamic individual on a fixed term contract in Pretoria to fill the following position:
Laboratory Systems Manager (Ref: 18/-2/2021) CTC: R758 999.82 per annum
The purpose of this role is to ensure the effective use of Global Fund (GF) resources to strengthen and improve laboratory systems and services thereby ensuring GF increased investment in diagnostic products and equipment is effectively coordinated and implemented. This role requires the individual to have extensive knowledge and experience on laboratory diagnostics services in the public sector. This role also requires an individual with excellent project implementation skills, analytical and evaluation skills, excellent communication skills, networking and interpersonal skills, and ability to engage with various stakeholders at all levels across the organisation.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum qualification of BSc in biological or laboratory science or an equivalent
- Proven experience in strengthening laboratory human resources, adaptation, and implementation of diagnostics guidelines in the public sector.
- Proven track record and experience working with technical partners to strengthen laboratory systems and strengthen laboratory services.
- Strong understanding of the selection of laboratory diagnostics and the implementation of diagnostic programs in resource limited settings
- Work experience related to the Global Fund (GF) and familiarity to Global Fund administrative and sourcing policies and procedures, or similar relevant work experience.
- Provide technical and implementation support to the sub-recipients and lead implementers in the execution and monitoring of laboratory system strengthening interventions across HIV TB and COVID-19 programs
- Provide technical support during meetings with different stakeholders on matters pertaining to implementation of Laboratory and diagnostics interventions on the grant
- Provide support in quantification exercises for diagnostics equipment and supplies for the grant
- Support and coordinate the training and mentoring of staff to strengthen implementation of diagnostic programs
- Provide administrative support to by coordinating the compilation of submissions to the GF and Local Fund Agents (LFA) on matters relating to all investments by GF that have a laboratory component
- Co-ordinate the timeous submission of reports on status of implementation with various implementing stakeholders as per the agreed reporting timelines
- Compile laboratory component monthly and quarterly reports
It should be noted that the above position is a fixed term appointment that would culminate at the end of March 2022
Please forward your request to email@example.com for the detailed job specification. Please reflect the position you intend applying for in the subject line and include the reference number.
Applicants who do not receive a response within 6 weeks of the closing date must regard their response as unsuccessful, as communique would only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Nexia SAB&T reserves the right not to appoint.
THIS PROCESS IS ADMINISTERED BY NEXIA SAB&T