NICRO seeks to appoint a Social Work Supevisor to be based in Gauteng.
The Supervisor supervises social service professionals (SW and SAW) in the provision of direct social work services to clients. In accordance with the mission of the organization the Supervisor, under the direction of the Area Manager, plans, organizes, staff and directs services to clients on a daily operational basis and ensure service quality through the supervision process. The Social work Supervisor ensures high quality of services and protection of clients’ rights by guiding the social work staff in the development of their professional capacity to function autonomously and perform their jobs to the highest professional standards (for social work) and organizational performance requirements.
- BA in Social Work, Current registration with SACSSP
- Experienced Social Worker with a Minimum 5 years’ experience in Experience in managing staff and working with high risk youth and adult offenders
- Valid driver’s license and comfortable with driving in Gauteng
- Knowledge and experience of the principles and practices of social work profession
- Ability to write and compile reports, project plans, fundraising, business plans, and business correspondence.
- High level of computer skills
- Ability to establish and maintain professional trusting, relationships with other professionals, social workers, client groups and communities and other stakeholders
- Facilitate workable relationships within the Department and between the Service and the various clients/collegial groups necessary to deliver the services required
- Acceptance of ethnic, cultural, religious, and sexual identities as well as an understanding of the socio-economic situations client’s experience
Forward applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not been contacted by 12th March 2021 for an interview you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for the position.
For more about NICRO, refer to https://www.nicro.org.za/
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies