Nexia SAB&T seeks to appoint a dynamic individual on a fixed term contract in Pretoria to fill the following position:
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT (Ref: 19/02/2021)
CTC: R376 596 per annum
Dynamic individual is to provide the sub-recipients and Lead implementers in the grant with support in the procurement of goods and services under the grant. This role requires a high level of analytical skills, problem solving capabilities, communication skills, and ability to engage at all levels across the organisation.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum qualification of a 3 year bachelor’s degree/ national diploma or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification in Supply Chain Management, Statistics or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in SCM in public sector
- Advanced MS Excel skills and ability to manage big data
- Proficient knowledge with relevant legislation including the Constitution, PFMA and treasury regulations/instruction/practice notes, PPPFA, B-BBEEA and the code of conduct, and Global Fund Procurement policies
- Familiar with the broad concepts such as the national medicines policy and exposure to the pharmaceutical industry is desirable
- Must be in possession of valid driver’s license
- Ensure that both Global Fund (GF) and NDoH Supply Chain policies are understood and correctly implemented by all the sub-recipients (SRs) and Lead implementers (Lis)
- Provide support to all the SRs with the acquisition of goods and services via bid and quotation process
- Manage the vetting of suppliers through National Treasury registers for tender defaulters and restrictions as well as Tax Compliance Status
- Where direct procurement by the PMU will be undertaken: manage bid and/ or quotation process, facilitate bid briefing sessions, oversee the closing and opening of bids, Publication of bid responses, Secretariat of bid evaluation committees and Financial Reporting
- Undertake training and mentoring of the SRs and LIs on SCM policies PFMA and PPPFA
- Support all GF sub-recipients and LI in development of demand and procurement plans as well as monitor and track progress against timelines and provide guidance that ensures timely procurement
- Resolve difficulties in the local supply chain by finding solutions to problems and bottlenecks, and provide regular reports on supply chain activities
- Manage risk and audit queries
It should be noted that the above position is a fixed term appointment that would culminate at the end of March 2022
Please forward your request to email@example.com for the detailed job specification. Please reflect the position you intend applying for in the subject line and include the reference number.
Applicants who do not receive a response within 6 weeks of the closing date must regard their response as unsuccessful, as communique would only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Nexia SAB&T reserves the right not to appoint.
THIS PROCESS IS ADMINISTERED BY NEXIA SAB&T